chapter two ─ elvira vs. padua high school

act one , chapter two

act one , chapter two ...
elvira vs. padua high school !

( spring , nineteen ninety-nine ! )

── ✧ ──

SHE LOOKS AROUND AS SHE'S WALKING TOWARD THE door of the teenage filled school. Observing her surroundings to the place. The first thing she notices is that a lot of people hung in groups. Cliques, as she had observed. She didn't like that too much. It kind of made her sick to her stomach as she keeps walking around. Her blues behind her glasses remain dull and emotionless, not trying to let anyone know that she had been bothered by the lack of company she had. Usually, this did not bother her. But being in a new school, and not walking to the door with her older brother, it made her feel a little icky inside. It makes her feel like she wants to vomit. And it didn't help that she felt the weird stairs of her future peers. Judging her as she walked passed them.

With her walkman in her pocket and Layne Staley's voice practically blasting in her ears, she eventually makes it to the door. She doesn't get a chance to open it, for there were two other boys who has opened it. Though, they weren't very polite. They didn't hold the door for her. She manages to catch it before it closed, finally entering the school building. It wasn't an unusual set up, but she knew that getting around would be pretty difficult.

Luckily, the office wasn't so difficult to find. It has been the next door on her left. As she had been walking in, two other boys had been walking out of that office. She makes sure she moves so that she doesn't hit their shoulder on the way in. She spots the school secretary's desk, and she walks up to it. The secretary looks busy typing, and Elvira doesn't want to interrupt what she's doing. But she eventually looks up.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes," Elvira immediately responds back, "I'm new here, my brother and I. Um. . . I'm here to get the schedules for our classes."

"Name?"

"I'm Elvira. Salem, he's my brother."

"Last name?"

"Wright. W-R-I-G-H-T," the girl spells out.

"Don't get testy with me, young lady," The secretary slightly grumbles, which makes Elvira scrunch up her nose.

There is a silence between the two of them now. Elvira looks at the name that's on the mini plaque of the desk before looking back at the woman, watching as she typed on the computer. She then goes into some files, before pulling out a piece of paper. Elvira looks at it, and it reveals to be a school schedule. They realize that they haven't given her Salem's schedule to give to him.

"What about the other one?"

"What other one?"

"The one for my brother. Salem. I'm going to give it to him," Elvira explains.