Chapter 3

***Iris***

***Iris***

My mind pondered on what I had thought I had seen in the forrest. "It must have just been a figment of my imagination." I kept telling myself. But deep under my subconscious I knew what I saw. The detail of the silver medallion that I had seen was too intricate to just be something my mind had conjured up. Right? I mean if I were to voice what I had thought happened to any sane living person they would surely think I was out of my mind. 

The incident was briefly put to the back of my mind as the car came to a screeching halt. I would have been launched forward if it hadn't been for the seatbelt securely strapped to my body. 

Looking to her, wondering for the hundredth time how she had gotten her license in the first place. 

"What?" She asked, innocently. At this point I was certain that she was just doing this to mess with me. 

"I'm driving on the way back." I told her, and she rolled her eyes. 

"Fine."

We walked along the street of the small rural town, down the line of old brick buildings and darkened lampposts. Cars were scattered about going to and from the various shops around the town of Gilford. Even from this far in town I could see the towering white mountains and trees as far as the eye could see. The beautiful sight only blocked by when we entered the small clothing store at the end of the street. The bell rang from the black and white sign of 'Violet's Villainess Vanity' as we opened the door.