Chapter 9

***Iris***

I had been the last one to wake up when morning hit. Ginger, on the other side of the tour bus, on one of the farthest beds, sitting next to Matteo, Griffin and Bec sitting at the table across from me, while Noah was sitting on the bed next to me, his legs sprawled out on the bed.

Groggily, I sat up, embarrassed to be the last one awake. "Morning, little dove." Noah said, his eyes fixated on the paper in his hands. "Who still reads the newspaper?" I asked myself, getting up off of the bed.

I stretched my arms up, yawning as I woke up. Noah looked at me, scanning me up and down, making me blush as I realized I had been wearing his clothes.

"Coffee?" Bec asked, as he prepared three cups that were in front of him.

"Yes please. Milk and sugar." I added as he poured the cup full of the morning brew.

"Ginger, what about you?" He asked.

"Yes. The same. Thank you." She said, coming to the front of the bus, Matteo hot on her trail. She was now wearing the dress that she had been wearing yesterday, but it was now free of muck and dirt.

"We took the liberty of washing your clothes for you." Noah said, now sitting up on the edge of the bed in front of me, handing me a familiar black garment.

"Thank you." I told him, noticing quickly just how close we really were as I stood in front of him, while he sat up on the bed, his head almost now level with mine as he looked at me. God, the way that his eyes roamed over me drove me crazy. I could feel his cool minty breath as he looked at me, and subconsciously my eyes travelled to his lips. The attraction that I felt towards him was surreal, the cobwebbed butterflies in my stomach were fluttering like never before.

Someone cleared their throat from beside us, and I looked up to see his hand extended, a fresh cup of coffee in his hands.

"Thank you." I muttered, bringing the cup of my lips, my eyes travelling back to Noah from above the brim.

When the cup was empty, and I was fully dressed I got out of the bathroom, surprised to find Noah waiting for me right outside.

"Iris. I was just wondering if I could talk to you for a minute." He said, leaning against the door. I couldn't help by notice how perfect he looked, with his black tee that tightly covered the muscle underneath, the black pants that hung closely at his hips, and the plain black leather jacket that he wore.

We walked outside, away from everyone, and onto the unoccupied grounds of the park. concession stands, vendor tents and the stage were all still set up, but not a soul was in sight. It was deafening quiet, the only noise coming from the birds in the trees above and the rustling of chipmunk's and squirrels from the grassy floor.

"So, what did you wanna talk to me about?" I asked, as we climbed up onto the stage, swinging my legs over to hang off of it, while Noah followed. He looked like he was contemplating what to say as he ran his hand through his dark hair.

"Look, I-I was just wondering if you wanted to go out with me sometime?" His question caught me off guard. Never in a million years would I think that someone like him would want to go out with me. Surely, I must have heard him wrong. 

"Oh-um. Uh." I searched for words that weren't there. I didn't know what to think.

"I-I've actually gotta go back to Vermont today." I told him, even though the last thing that I wanted was to go back. I didn't have much to go back to except for a shitty school, an abusive stepbrother, a self-absorbed father, and a dead-end job.

His face fell as I went on. I wanted nothing more than to go out with him, stay with him. There was no one from my hometown that was even remotely in the league of this God-like man. That could be why I never had any past relationships before. I never really found much interest in anyone, that was before now. No one that I had ever met could ever be compared to Noah.