Chapter 14

***Jared***

***Jared***

***Iris***

I was late waking up for school the next day, but still had enough time to hurriedly changed and dressed due to the consistent ring of my phone blowing from Ginger's insufferable calling and texting. 

"Hurry up, I'm on my way." Ginger said, before hanging up. 

Groaning I got out of bed, taking an all too quick shower, quickly throwing on an outfit lazily, but changing when I remembered that I would be seeing Noah later. I settled on a pair of black ripped jeans, heeled black leather boots, and a long grey cardigan. My jewelry choices consisting of crosses and witchy symbols. A walking contradiction, just like me. 

I the hum of the familiar Mercedes bull up in the parking lot, before I hurried out the door, grabbing one shouldered schoolbag. 

Luckily, I was met with silence as I ran down the stairs, and out the door. More than likely my father and Veronica were in their seperate bedrooms still hungover from the night before and Carson had already driven to school. I just hoped that I would be free of him their too. But was I really ever that lucky?

Meeting Noah, even though we were technically just freinds, I felt like that was the luckiest I had ever been. I was still in awe at how someone like him had decided to pay someone like me any interest. 

"Come on, we're running late." She hollered to me from the car. As if I didn't already know that. 

"I thought you slept in." She mentioned, glancing to my outfit before backing out of the driveway, into the backroad that joined. 

"I did." I told her, pulling down the mirror above the dash to fix my hair into a messy, but neatly placed bun, leaving a few wavy strands to dangle from my head. 

"Usually, if you woke up late, you'd be in joggers and a sweatshirt." She wasn't wrong. Last year during midterms I was so exhausted from studying that I basically wore pajamas to school the day of the test.