Chapter 5

***Odessa***

***Odessa***

***Iris***

The light started to dim in the sky as we ate our food in piece. The both of us scanning the scene, admiring how different it was compared to earlier in town. 

Unlike before, the people flooding into the park were diverse, all different enthicitys, astethics. People young and old were flocking in, most showing some sort of support to the bands that were playing; either by clothing choice, arm band, or some sort of other merchandise with their logo on it. 

At a small booth selling merchandise from the three bands that were playing tonight we both purchased a small black backpack with the logo of the Black doves in the center of it, quickly stuffing all of our belongings inside. 

While we scanned the area, Ginger's eyes consistently travelling toward the closed tour bus towards the back of the grounds, we landed on a blue and gold enclosed tent at the far end of the park reading, 'Odessa's Oracle Readings'. In cursive lettering. 

"Oh, come on Ging. We both know this stuff is phony. I mean look at this. 'Join me on the journey to discover glimpses of your future as the spirits guide you through your past and present.' How corny is that?" I said, reading off of the sign placed outside of the tent. 

"Come on, it'll be fun either way. What's the worst that could happen?" She shrugged, walking into the tent. 

"A waste of money." I muttered, going to follow her inside, before a smiling couple brushed passed me. "Did you hear that. She said we were destined to be together." The woman said, causing me to role my eyes, before finally going in. 

The tent strangely looked larger on the inside than it did on the outside, holding but one small round table in the center of it, with a large crystal ball in the middle. To the corners of the tent were various desks and drawers holding anything from crystals and tarot cards to books on palmistry, and any other odd thing that the owner seemed to conjure up. 

Even though I thought this whole thing was a bunch of mumbo jumbo I did quite admire the interior. For some reason I always seemed to be drawn to anything odd or magical looking. There was quite a bit of folklore that I did believe in that most didn't, but this scam artist in a tent was definitely not one of them. 

"Welcome, my dears, to Odessa's Oracle readings. I sense that you have come a great distance to meet with me today." The middle-aged woman, that I perceived as being Odessa said as she came forward. The woman had long brown hair held back from her face by a colorful orange and gold scarf, her long gypsy-like brown dress flowed to her ankles, matched with a wide variety of bulky turquoise and gold jewelry, her honey-brown eyes popped from the charcoal around her lids. 

She looked just like I expected she would be walking into the circus-like tent, but something was different. Something was off. It was almost as if I could sense an unnatural energy vibrating off of her presence. I shook my head, waving away the thought because of how crazy it sounded in my own mind.