Chapter 1 - Soren Chandler

A stature that could make any woman fall on her knees.

A face that can swoon anyone into his advantage.

A presence that screams confidence and elegance.

He is Soren Chandler – one of the existences that the world loves.

"Soren! Look here!" He yelled to the man who was being swarmed with those who holds the same camera or even better models than his. As he looked through the lenses, his eyes caught glimpse of Soren Chandler looking in his direction and he did not waste the opportunity to capture the image of the year's most handsome man.

One picture. That was all that he was able to get during the short time Soren went out of his car and walked to the private bar that only accepted the distinguished elites out of the rest.

But it was also one picture alone that it took for his name to skyrocket in the news outlets and media platforms.

Hollywood elite 'Soren Chandler' seen entering the Copper Blue bar.

With just one photo, his phone did not stop ringing as other news reporters and journalists tried to contact him endlessly. His eyes lingered over the flashing screen and the vibrating phone on the nightstand.

He never expected that a single photo of Soren Chandler looking at the camera would make the world crazy. "This is insane..." he mumbled. The darkness of his room was the only solace he found refuge in amidst his pacing heart and heavy breaths. He couldn't believe it at all.

Finally deciding to let his mind rest as he had been answering calls left and right, he went to grab his phone and was about to turn it off when it suddenly began ringing. There was an incoming call and when he looked at the screen, his eyes widened when he saw the familiar number flashing on the cold glass.

With a swipe of his fingers, he instantly placed the phone on his ear. "Hello?" He started and it took the other line three seconds to respond.

"Miles! I've been trying to contact you for the past two days! Why weren't you answering my calls?!"

"I'm sorry, chief. I had to turn my phone off because of the endless calls I was getting from the other publications."

"Shit. Now is not the time to do that!"

"Why? What happened?" He gently massaged the back of his neck with his index and middle finger. "Come to the office and you'll find out!" The person behind the call screamed and Miles heard a few other voices mixing in the background before the call was cut off and the line died leaving behind a few beeps that eventually faded and restored the serenity of his dark room.

His hand was still clutching the phone until he eventually decided it was the time to put it down on the table once more and this time, turn it off completely to avoid getting any calls. Whether it'd be from the publishing office or other reporters, he wasn't in the mood to please their needs.

Despite his sudden burst of fame after capturing a photo of Soren Chandler where the man's beautiful existence was depicted properly, there was something inside of him that was telling him there was something ominous that would happen in the future.

'What... is this...?' He asked as he twaddled back to his bed and sat on the edge.

He couldn't explain it well but there was a foreboding feeling that it would be something he will greatly regret in the future.

"Is it because of the photo I took?" The clockworks were running in his head as he tried to assess what he was feeling. Maybe it was just the sudden surge of being overwhelmed consuming his mind.