Chapter 32 - Act 6

[Act 6 – Soren Chandler, Age 18]

It had been more than a year since Soren turned seventeen and he had just celebrated his eighteenth birthday last month. There had been a lot of things that happened since then including his introduction to the organization by Dimitri.

A few days ago, Soren was brought to the main office of the organization since he was old enough already and for him to assess whether he wanted the position as the heir or not.

To his surprise, it seemed like the organization was a normal company outside. They even have a building for the enterprise they are doing but underneath the façade was the truth that it was a criminal organization that was monopolizing the weapon industry.

"Haah..." Soren sighed as he lay on his bed. He was tired after a long day at school and playing sports. Though his grades were average at best, he wanted to prove something to his older brother and Mikhail who were now in university.

It was lonely. He was all alone in this enormous mansion with the maids and butlers and there was no one to talk to.

He does call Mikhail every day and Allistair sometimes but they aren't always available when he is since they have much bigger duties now that they're college students and proceeding with their desired profession.

All he had were his friends in school.

Grumbling, he checked his phone and there was still no message from Mikhail. Soren had sent his last message four hours ago but it seems like his hyung is so busy he cannot respond to him.

This is what Soren disliked about distance with Mikhail.

He cannot see the young master as he pleases and he cannot text them whenever he wants because it would be awkward if he were to text Kael endlessly as if he was some sort of obsessed and clingy guy who cannot grow up.

Allistair had been telling him about his attitude all these years and Soren finally decided to listen to his older brother's words. Another thing why he decided it would be best if he didn't act all clingy with Mikhail that much anymore was when he learned Mikhail's type.

Kael liked mature guys who were older than him.

He found out this fact when he analyzed all the people linked to Kael when he was still in high school and all the updates he was getting from Allistair. Most of the people he hang out with or, at least, possibly had relationships with are older than him by a few years. 

Of course, Soren couldn't be older than him so at the very least he should be mature, right?

He celebrated his birthday alone but he did talk with Kael and Allistair for hours that day and even Sophia and Dimitri sent him their gifts which consisted of a car and his personal bank account along with its credit card.

But it would be better if Kael was with him though.

He missed being with his hyung. He wanted to touch Kael just like he did more than a year ago and feel his warmth. That's all Soren had been longing for.

However, his plans were also proceeding accordingly. There was no way he wouldn't make his move on Kael when they returned for their short summer break after their classes in university were done a few weeks from now.

Ding!

A notification appeared on his phone and Soren sighed before opening it. He mumbled a few incoherent words trying to mimic the words he was typing on his screen.

It didn't take long before his phone started ringing as the ID of the caller appeared on the screen. He put on a smile before pressing the answer button and greeting the person.