Chapter 50 - Ride What?

As they strolled through the aisle filled with chips, Mikhail was picking them left and right that there was almost a mountain of stuff on their cart so Soren had to call for one of his men and grab another cart.

"Yes. Bring another cart and transfer half of the contents of the cart I'm currently pushing," Soren spoke into the phone, and the person on the other end confirmed with a 'yes boss' before Soren turned the line off.

It didn't take long before someone showed up behind them pushing another cart. It was Keith, one of Soren's close confidants. Keith lowered his head for a second which Soren acknowledged.

Once he was done giving respect to the leader, he turned to Mikhail who was quite far from them.

Keith slowly walked up to Mikhail until he was beside the man and he lowered his head too. "Hello, young master," he spoke and Kael turned his head to look at the man who just called him. When he saw who it was, his eyes widened and a smile made its way on his face.

"Keith!" Kael gleamed before offering his fist and Keith looked at it before chuckling and fist-bumping Mikhail.

"I am impressed you still remember my name, young master."

"Of course. How could I forget? I had a crush on you when we were in university-" But Keith's face immediately turned into panic as he secretly raised his hands and was practically begging Mikhail not to say anything else because he could feel Soren's piercing glare on the back of his head.

Kael lightly laughed as he ruffled Keith's hair. "I'm just teasing you," he assured before returning to picking up chips.

Once Kael's attention was out of him, Keith returned to the cart he brought and he accidentally glanced at Soren's way and saw that the man was still glaring at him.

"So, my fiancé used to have a crush on you? I didn't know that." He heard Soren speak and chills ran down Keith's spine. He quickly turned to the boss and raised his hands in surrender.

"I-It was only back when we were in first-year college, boss. After that, I heard you got together with him-" He stopped speaking when he realized what he had just said and when he also saw Soren's entire face darkened.

"I see..."

"B-Boss..."

"Did you screw him too? Every guy he likes always tries to get with him at least once-"

"No! I didn't, boss! I respect the young master so m-much... A-And... the cart... yes, I'm going to push it now!" He hurriedly got away because the aura around Soren became much more dangerous to the feeling.

Keith only felt like this around Soren during the time Dimitri gave them a test to make sure they were competent enough in the work and it involved destroying one of their enemies.

He shivered in fear before he silently pushed the cart behind Soren. However, he flinched when the boss turned to him with a frown.

He didn't really want to lie because Soren hated people lying to him the most. It was one rule in the organization that no matter what the question was, they had to answer Soren with the truth. Even though he risked his life there, at least he didn't lie, right?

Keith was trying to convince himself that.

"Call another guy to push this," Soren commanded and without wasting another second and not wanting to dwell in conversing with the obviously pissed Soren, Keith brought his phone out and called for backup.

Once the second man arrived, they resumed their shopping.

Soren was walking beside Mikhail with his hands inside his pockets.