47. Wondrous and True (pt.1)

Hello, Dear Traveler

Hello, Dear Traveler. Welcome to the next part of our underwhelming monkey god tale.

Up to this point, it may seem as though Sun Ritsu is battling many other clones, but in reality, the battle is with himself. And by himself, I mean the overly critical embroidery needle dangling from his ear.

{{Hey, just FYI, I'm not saving your cowardly ass again! I only did that to piss off that blue-haired goblin.}}

"Got it." Ritsu waved his hand near his ear as if he were swatting away a gnat.

Whatever else the Golden-Hooped Rod had to say, Ritsu tuned it out. Currently, our hero was sitting inside of a paper space meant to serve as his own personal training grounds. Courtesy of Next Dimension, Inc.

That's right, Dear Traveler. Next Dimension was the company responsible for gifting all 8 contestants with a state-of-the-art paper space designed specifically for training and meditation. They all looked the same on the inside — an open glen equipped with a waterfall, a shady banyan tree, and a large boulder perfect for sitting upon in order to center one's thoughts and intentions.

Next Dimension, Inc... Next Dimension, Inc... Where had Ritsu heard that about that company, he wondered. Was it all the way back during the Peach Festival? If so, he could not recall why it was significant.

Anyway, this paper space was meant to aid all of the sun clones who had made it through the first trial. Putting them on even ground is what the casters had said. While he waited for his trainer to show up, Sun Ritsu contemplated the casters' announcement from that morning.

"Dan, you know that some of these contestants have better access to training grounds than others. Some of them come from very specific conditions that do not align with what we have here in Kawaii Village."

"That's right, Chow. And that is why it was so considerate of Next Dimension to go out of their way in providing these one of a kind paper spaces. The organizers of the Sevenfold Peach are always looking for ways to make the tournament as fair as possible and this is one of the things that can make a huge impact when it comes to equalizing the playing field. Now, just for clarification, Chow, our contestants are not required to use these paper spaces in order to train, are they?"

"Correct, Dan. The paper spaces from Next Dimension are truly a gift, to be used or not used as each contestant sees fit. This might also be a good time to let everyone know that according to Next Dimension, expensive paper spaces are a thing of the past. Over the next few years, they intend to roll out models that will be more affordable and accessible to spirits all over the Ninth Heaven."

"What a relief, Chow, because remember when you could only find paper spaces in the Snake Province?"

"I do, Dan. Which makes sense because that's where the technology of the paper space originated...."