7. A Baneful Monkey

Dear Traveler, you may have remembered from our last telling that the pig barfed when he saw the previously underwhelming sun clone become resplendent and godlike

Dear Traveler, you may have remembered from our last telling that the pig barfed when he saw the previously underwhelming sun clone become resplendent and godlike. For clarification, he barfed real barf this time – there was nary a peach in sight.

Well, you could only imagine Ham Song's joy when he saw that the gold lotus the monkey was branded with grew even more pronounced and intense.

I've never seen a sun become so respendlent in such a short amount of time. He's the one! He has to be.

In that moment, the pig vowed that he would not leave the monkey's side. No matter what.

Ham Song watched on as the Radiant Nameless Sun crouched before the body of fuming trolls and rocked on his heels like one tender and juvenile.

Legendary peaches and monkey spirits. The combination was truly as awesome as it was unpredictable. Somehow the monkey's dirty apron and serving uniform transformed into luxury activewear. His feral essence gave him a manuka honey complexion. The hair on his head and face resembled a texture closer to fur.

The golden brown of his eyes did not change; however, all the minutiae of muscles surrounding them were knowing, mischievous, yet at the same time idle and wandering.

"You there, troll." Radiant Nameless Sun pointed to the leader as if he hadn't just pitched him across the room moments ago. "Have you seen my staff?"

The trolls made no indication that they heard what the monkey had said.

"Kill the baneful monkey!" The leader roared as he drummed his club against his thigh. The troll minion closest to the sun clone volunteered to impress his leader first.

"Have you seen my staff?" the monkey repeated as the troll barrelled in his direction. When the troll got close enough, the monkey dodged the swing of his club, took hold of his wrist, and flipped him onto his back.

Then he stepped over him. "Thanks anyway."

One troll after the other launched themselves at the Radiant Nameless Sun. He evaded their attacks without pausing to anticipate how the troll would move. He just reacted. After which, he immobilized his attacker. It was really quite a fascinating scene to behold. None of the customers would dare root for the baneful monkey in the presence of the troll gang, but you could tell by their faces that they were eager to see what he would do next.

The radiant clone made his way to the table where the spider spirit was being held captive. He struck up a conversation with her as if there weren't a dozen trolls attacking him from all sides. Ham Song could not catch what the monkey was saying, but he suspected that it was more than just "Have you seen my staff?"

The leader of the Yingchi Bastards barked a harsh warning at the monkey to get away from the spider, but the chances of the monkey even acknowledging him was laughable at this point.