*24*

'You must know,' he began as he reached under my sweater, to untuck my shirt. 'I will not let you go.'

'I don't have a life here anymore,' I nearly whispered. 'I can give you tonight. That is all I can afford.'

His body stiffened, but he kept his expression passive, slowly moving his hands to unbutton my shirt underneath my sweater. Those knuckles tickled my skin as he moved upward. I watched through hooded eyes as he slowly pulled my sweater over my head. It knocked my messy bun, loosening the strands and causing the shorted ends to fall around my face.

Shortly after he pushed my shirt over my shoulders, letting it fall, and he gazed at my naked chest. My insecurities I worked hard to let go over the past 6 years flooded back. My body wasn't as soft as it was or as full. I had planes and angles, with more stretchmarks and scars than before. His eyes darkened as he released pheromones like in the stairwell earlier.

I moved my arms from my sides to cover myself, feeling so exposed under his gaze. 'I wished I'd thought to get the lights.' It was said in jest, but Lucian knew.

'I want to see you,' he muttered so lightly that I barely heard it and felt my face heat up. 'So beautiful.'

I scoffed, rolling my eyes as he captured my hands and placed them behind my back, pressing our combined hands into my butt to hinge my hips forward more. He growled at the scent of me, wafting from my groin, and started to trail gentle kisses along the top of my slacks.

Shivers and tiny shocks jolted my body, causing me to contract my core. He ran his tongue along the indentations of my newly seen abdominal muscles. Letting me go, he grabbed onto my hips and pulled me down into his lap. As I went down his tongue continued to trail upward, not even stopping at my chest. I let out a slightly disappointed groan under the guise of a moan.

'What's this mean?' Lucian asked as he trailed his fingers over the tattoo on the left side of my chest while he nibbled at the lobe of my right ear.

I squirmed feeling my mind beginning to cloud with desire. My much smaller erection was still contained behind my slacks and pressing against the hard wall of his stomach. I moved my hips seeking the good feeling friction it brought. Sharp teeth dug into my ear, pulling back, and long fingers tickled up my back, until he reached my shoulders to wrap a hand around the back of my neck.

I leaned backward, pressing more into his lap and feeling his pulsating monster under my bottom, and moaning softly as his lips left my ear to trail kisses down over the tattoo.

'What does this mean?' he asked again, softly.

I lost my breath when he dragged his teeth over my nipple. My hips moved on their accord, grinding against his erection as well as finding more friction for my own. Lucian growled against my chest and bit down, encasing the entire areola in his mouth while his tongue flicked across the nub.

'Ahhh,' I moaned out feeling more of my wetness collect in my underwear. I shivered. It was still gross feeling to me, and I wondered if my slacks were already soaked through. I could smell the musty sweetness of it very clearly mingling with both our pheromones. So, I knew he could too.

He moved over to the other side while keeping his hand on the back of my neck and the other trailed along the lines of the tattoo. Why was he so obsessed? I thought as he took a deep bite of the other nipple.

'It's for.. ' my daughter, but I couldn't say that. 'It's for.. OOHhhhaaa..'

He pinched the nipple under the tattoo as he sucked the other harder. 'Lu.. ck.. and lon.. gev..ity,' I managed to pant out.

He didn't seem satisfied with this answer, but I didn't care. The little full moon surrounded by a thin halo of pale green light and three little stars was for Moonie. She nearly killed me and herself the day she came into the world, nearly three months early. While we both recovered, me from an emergency c-section and her in the PICU, I resolved to honor her.