Chapter 9

"Now is the official start of the opening of all the clubs in our university. From the Supreme Student Council Officers, we are encouraging you to join in the clubs before the midterms of this semester. Lastly, the urgent announcement will be discussed by our SSC President, Reverie Shio!"

Nagpalakpakan ang lahat. Naglakad si President Shio papunta sa stage. All of the students here are nervous and murmuring. Muli kong tinuon ang paningin ko sa harap.

"Good day to everyone!" Panimula ni President Shio.

"...this is really urgent because of the schedules of the activities here in our university. The student council secretary and some of the positions are now vacant. The opening of elections will be announced after the midterms. If you are capable and interested submit it to the SSC Office. Thank you!"

"Bakit naman biglang announce ng elections."

"Kaya nga, balita ko suspended si Ciara..baka isa yun sa naging dahilan."

"Sabagay pero mabuti na rin na suspended siya."

After a few announcements, lumabas na rin kami sa gymnasium. Naabutan ko ang ilang SSC Officers kaya natigilan ako dahil hindi ko naiwasan na marinig ang pinag-uusapan nila.

"Reverie, we are clueless about the SSC re-election this year. Why this is so urgent?"

"The decision came from the chairman."

"We should give up our positions too?" Gavin asked.

Hindi na nagsalita pa si President Shio. Iniwan na sila nito. Siguro hindi rin naman siya sang-ayon sa desisyon ng chairman, he has no choice but to agree. Lalagpas na sana si Gavin ng bigla niya akong tawagin.

"Amaris! Wait!

Nilingon ko siya. "Bakit?"

He chuckled. "Iniiwasan mo ba ako?"

Napataas ang aking kilay. "Bakit naman kita iiwasan?"

"Alam kong hindi naman yan ang dahilan.."