Prologue

you guys encouraged me so this is your fault
__

You squinted down at the map in your hands, confirming that your representative dot was, in fact, on top of the X, before lifting your gaze back up to the building in front of you.

"No way." You muttered under your breath. "Maybe I got the wrong map." But even you didn't believe your words as you scrutinized the building. It was built out of bricks and quartz, standing out against the dark forest, with a sign above the door that read "Monster School". It was absolutely silent, even the sounds of the forest seem to have gone quiet around it. Eerie atmosphere aside, you... weren't a monster.

Three months ago, at the end of your last semester of middle school, you were entered into a drawing for a full scholarship to a private boarding school. Last month, you received a letter informing you that you'd won. Your parents had been thrilled, and over the last couple of weeks you'd been packed up and shipped off to the rendezvous point, along with a map that had come with the letter. From the train station, you'd followed the map, and nothing about this had seemed weird to you until just now.

You snuck a glance around yourself, wondering if this was some sort of prank. Maybe there was a hidden camera? If there was, it was hidden well. You squared your shoulders, looking back at the building. Maybe the name was... unrelated.

Slowly, you made your way up to the building, climbing the steps and hesitating in front of the door. Should you knock? It was still so quiet. After a moment of consideration, you rapped your fist gently against the door, then fell quiet to listen. Nothing. You grabbed the handle and pushed the door open.

The inside was warmly lit by torches, but appeared empty. Before you was a hallway, with several branching off of it, but straight down at the other end was a door labeled 'classroom'. The semester didn't start until tomorrow, but maybe there would be someone in there?

"Hello?" You called quietly, slipping through the doorway and shutting the door behind you. No response. You made your way down the hall, your steps muffled by the thick, red carpet that lined the entryway. As you approached the door, you perked up at the sound of voices - the first sign of life in this odd place. Slowly, you reach out and grip the knob, then push the door open enough for you to peer inside.

The room beyond was - as expected - a classroom, at the head of which was a man with his back facing you as he wrote on the chalkboard. That was normal enough, what wasn't normal was the fact that nearly every seat was filled by a monster. Zombies, skeletons, spiders, and even a creeper were sitting patiently, listening attentively as the man spoke. Your heart leaped into your throat, and you started to try to ease the door shut, but before you could move the man turned and focused on you.

"Ah, Y/N." He called out, drawing the class's attention to you, and you promptly hid behind the door. "Come in! We've been expecting you." You hesitated for a moment. You couldn't exactly say no. So, you pushed the door open again, clutching your backpack straps as your heart pounded in your throat.

"My name is Herobrine, I'll be your teacher for the semester." The man greeted you. The glasses he wore only somewhat hid the fact that his eyes were glowing. "Welcome to Monster School."

__

so apparently wattpad returned this story to an earlier revision?? which means I lost all this text and have to write it over again but ANYWAY

This is an interactive fic, which means that YOU GUYS are in charge of the plot. I will base the book off of what you guys leave in your comments. If an idea is especially popular I'll most likely include it, or I might pick out things that just stand out to me for whatever reason.

DISCLAIMER: I tagged this as "x reader" because that's a common reader insert tag, but there will be no reader romance in this fic, ESPECIALLY not Herobrine x Reader (except for platonic) because he's an adult and Y/N's uh. 14

also, pls suggest some names for the mob characters :)

have fun yall