Chapter Four - Cooking Class

Art above is by me- gonna try to get a profile done for each student :)

___

Apparently Herobrine either didn't know that Jace had threatened you, or he didn't care, because he'd never so much as mentioned it when the round was over.

Fortunately, that round was the last one. Herobrine spent the remainder of the class going over some specific strategies that he'd seen his students use, ones that worked and ones that didn't. Since he obviously had been watching what was going on inside the school, you were forced to conclude that what Jace had done wasn't against the rules. Maybe it didn't count as physical fighting? Your wrist was bruised from where he'd grabbed you.

Wonderful, now you had two classmates who were determined to torment you.

You were quiet through the rest of class, gathering your things silently when the bell rang and leaving the classroom as Herobrine announced that grades would be posted at the end of the week. You dropped by the dining hall just long enough to grab an apple and a bread roll, then hurried back to your dorm before the others could arrive. Sinking down to sit the rug beside your bed, you let your chin rest on your knees, staring at your bruised wrist as you chewed morosely on the bread.

The night was long and restless, and when you did sleep you dreamed about being hunted down by terrifying versions of your classmates, over and over and over. After two rounds of this, you decided that sleeping just wasn't worth it anymore, and spent the last hour before sunrise sitting up in bed and reading your math textbook by candlelight. What a miserable situation you were in that this was preferable to anything else.

By dawn you were exhausted, stiff, and sore. You dazedly studied your class schedule, and were relieved to find that history was your first class of the day. After that... cooking. Hopefully that wouldn't be too horrible.

Exhausted as you were, you didn't manage to drag yourself out of bed until Silvia was heading out the door. You tried to straighten your rumpled uniform, then headed out to the dining hall for breakfast. You collected your food, an apple and some scrambled eggs, then carried your tray to the far end of the table, sitting down as far as possible from everyone else.

Nobody bothered you as you ate, but you couldn't ignore the glares that Jace kept giving you from the other side of the table. You just glared back. A lack of sleep made you completely done with his shenanigans.

Just as you finished eating, the bell rang, and you hurried to put away your tray and get to class. You weren't sure what to expect from history. Whose history would you be learning about? Players? Zombies? Some sort of obscure Herobrine history? What was he supposed to be again?

You slumped into your seat, resting your chin in your hand, and immediately zoned out as Herobrine began to speak.

To your fortune, this first class seemed to be a brief overview of player history, which meant you were free to drift in and out of attention as this was all stuff you'd learned in second grade. As Herobrine talked about the redstone revolution, you stared at the back of the ghast boy's head where he sat in front of you. Was his hair... hair, or tentacles?

You think you must have drifted off at some point, because you were startled awake by the bell ringing above the schoolhouse. As you lurched upright to go to lunch, however, Herobrine stopped you and your classmates with a raised hand.

"Hold on," he said. "Today's afternoon class is cooking class. As such, lunch will not be provided for you today. You will be preparing your own."

**

You blinked dumbly at the spread of ingredients in front of you, taking up the majority of the dining hall table. There was no way that had just... appeared there, right?