Chapter Twelve - Hiding Class

Despite Entity 303's presence, lunch was mostly calm. You had been worried that he was going to try to talk to you, but before he got the chance his attention was captured by Cray, who was thoroughly impressed by the guts he had to just attack your teacher without warning. 303 seemed to enjoy the hero worship, which meant that the rest of you could eat in peace.

You... weren't sure what to think about 303 just yet. He seemed friendly enough, but having a wildcard like him who was so obviously powerful was just... unnerving. You felt kinda bad for it, but you hoped that he wouldn't stick around for too long.

As you finished up your meal, the bell rang, and you joined the rest of the class in going outside for hiding class.

"Welcome back, class." Herobrine called as you streamed out onto the front lawn. There was a light cloud cover, protecting the undead mobs from sunlight. "Today's exercise will be a bit different than last week's."

"Herobrine and I went over his class notes from last week," 303 popped into existence beside Herobrine, making you jump. "And it seems like you guys did well! But there are some certain tactics that can help you stay hidden for longer."

"When one is spotted, their first instinct is usually to run." Herobrine went on. "However, in most cases, staying perfectly still can continue to conceal you for longer, especially if you're well-camouflaged in your environment." The magma cube's hand shot up. "Yes, Geode?"

"Um, I glow, sir." She patted at her glowing hair. "It's really hard for me to hide."

"I understand." Herobrine nodded. "But you needn't worry about it for this lesson. Today, everyone will be getting an invisibility II potion and a leather chestplate, to even the playing field. Focus on camouflage and remaining still even when you think you've been caught." There was a round of surprised murmurs, and 303 teleported to the left, over to where a chest was sitting on the ground. He kicked it open.

"Come and get a potion and a chestplate, one each!" He called, and he and Herobrine watched as each student came forward to collect them. You grabbed a chestplate that was dyed green, slipping it over your head before grabbing an invisibility potion.

"Don't drink it yet," Herobrine warned, and you followed his gaze to where Cray had frozen with the bottle halfway to his mouth. "They last for five minutes, so don't drink them until you hear the horn sound."

"Everyone ready?" 303 called, scanning the class. There was a general murmur of assent, and he put his hands on his hips. "Alright. This will be just about the same as last week's lesson, the only differences being that you have the chestplate and invisibility potion, and that I will be seeking for the first round."

"The round will end five minutes after I blow the horn for the first time." Herobrine said. "Are there any questions?" No one spoke up. "Alright. You have one minute to hide. Go!"

Your heart was already racing by the time you reached the school doors. You couldn't stop thinking about how Jace had threatened you last week - even though he wasn't seeking, he could still bother you, and now he had the potential to be invisible. Did Herobrine know what he'd done? He'd never mentioned it. And now you were alone with him again.

"Y/N! Psst." A voice made you look up as Soot touched your arm. "Let's hide together!" You blinked, then a small smile crossed your face.

"Is that a good idea?"

"Sure." She shrugged. "Well, we can try. If it isn't, we can try something else next round."

"Okay," You agreed. "Come on, I have an idea."

You led Soot to a storage closet, one of the ones you had hidden in last week. There was a table on the left side, which you scooted underneath and pressed your back against the wall.