44

"When Cale was 12 years old, what food did he like the most?"

Violan's face was extremely cold.  He knew it was a stupid question, but if someone were to pay attention to Cale perfectly, he would definitely know.

“Cale is quite stubborn, but he always eats meat in the end. I'm sure he likes meat.”

Vance answered confidently.  It was true that Cale liked to make a scene in the dining room making Violan think Cale did not accept her as his new mother.

However...

Violan looked at Deruth.

“When he was 12 years old…As I recall, he liked coffee buns the most. But because they weren't that filling, he ate meat. You know Cale likes to make a fuss and always wants to get out in a hurry.  So he just eats that bun on the way.”

Deruth answered with a doubtful face, because in the end, the food that Cale liked the most, would only be known to Cale.

Violet lowered her head.

'Mom, I really like coffee buns!  But it wasn't filling, so I ate the meat.  But Dad wrapped me some coffee buns!  I never thought he knows that I like this bun!  Let's eat together!'

Violan recalled how Cale had been excited when Deruth found out his favorite food and shared the coffee buns Deruth had wrapped for him with her.

But as he got older, Cale's favorite food also changed.  And now he really enjoys meat.

"What was Basen's favorite food when he was 10 years old?"

Violan gave the second question weakly.

"Basen isn't picky about food, so he eats just about anything. So, I figured, as long as it's good, he'll definitely eat it. But he enjoys it the most when he eats a sweet dessert."

Vance once again answered confidently.

Violan let out a short sigh.  All little kids would love something sweet...

He looked at Deruth.

"Basen... Indeed, he's not picky. As far as I know, he doesn't like to eat vegetables. Until now he didn't like them. But he's most excited when the menu that day is seafood, and he likes prawns the most."

Deruth replied not really sure trying to recall from his memory from several years ago.

"He never even touched seafood when he ate with me."

Vance snorted at that.

Violan smiled at Deruth.  Although Deruth wasn't sure, but it was true.

'Mom, I like seafood, but I don't know how to eat it.'

A 10 years old kid, who can't eat properly, eats seafood himself?

Basen won't be able to.  And that would make him look like a stupid kid who doesn't know table manners.

Because of that Deruth makes seafood cooked in a way that is easy to eat.

Shrimp that has no skin or fish that no longer has bones.  That makes Basen able to eat easily.

Because of that, he was very excited when the menu that day was seafood.  He was able to eat it happily after Park Soo Hyun entered Deruth's body.

And, Deruth also wasn't paying attention to table manners and Cale didn't make a fuss, instead, he placed the food on Basen's plate when Basen can't reach them.

The dining room has become more pleasant to visit.

"What was Lily's favorite food when she was 4?"

Violan had given up on Vence after he didn't even know Basen's favorite food, but she wanted to see if Deruth could answer that or not.