Faf and Rutu and Conway and jealousy

a/n: i LOVED the faf-rutu duo, and it took me so long to accept that we lost faf from our team. but then conway came, and replaced faf. soon enough i grew fond of him too. rutu-way is such a cool duo! and now, faf and dev are playing together!

life is indeed a circle.

all events are fictional, btw.

———————

Rutu watched Dev and Faffy open the innings for the Texas Super Kings. Two of his absolute favourite batting partners, two of his best friends.

Windies tour was quite uneventful for him, and since the MLC venues weren't that far, Uttu and him decided to go on a date to one of the matches of TSK.

Except, Utkarsha left his side the moment she spotted Kim. The two girls had gotten so close when they were in the CSK camp. They'd go on double dates and sit with each other during flights.

Rutu sighed as he watched them bat. Between each ball, they walked to each other and told something.

That's something Dev and I do, Rutu thought to himself.

They'd gotten a solid opening partnership of over hundred runs now, and Dev had made a half century. Faf was beyond pleased, Rutu could tell, as he hugged Dev, almost like an older brother, and it felt quite unsettling.

Faf was such an older brother to me, Rutu thought. Now he was older brothering Dev.

Times change, people change, can't help it.

———————

TSK had won that night and Rutu decided to go say hi to the both of them. He went to the dressing room and found Faf first.

"Oh hey, Rutu!" Faf exclaimed, as he hugged Rutu close to his heart. He'd missed him. "Congratulations on winning the final, it was brilliant what Jaddu did, wasn't it!"

Rutu nodded inside the hug. "I wish you continued playing for CSK." He said and didn't notice that Dev was in the dressing room too, watching their exchange.

Dev felt wounded. He knew Faf and Rutu were the best openers CSK could ever have had, but it still hurt to hear is best friend say he shouldn't have come in.

Faf smiled at Rutu's words. Oh, how he wished he played for CSK till the end of his career. But it is what it is. "I know, kiddo, I know."

Rutu pulled away from the hug. "Where's Dev?"

Rutu searched for him and when his eyes landed on him, he practically ran to him and hugged him from behind.

"DEV!" he called, acting as if they hadn't met in over a year.

Dev laughed, knowing it was Rutu. "Hello, Rutu," he said and returned the hug.

"You played really well today, partner." Rutu said cheerfully, hugging Dev tighter.

Partner.

PARTNER.

Faf's ears perked up when he heard that word. It was Rutu and his', not theirs. He went up to them.

"Woah, woah, I thought Rutu you were my partner." Faf said defensively.

Rutu frowned. "Jealous much, Faffy?"

"I'm just stunned you replaced me this quickly," Faf shrugged and Dev interrupted.

"Replaced? I'm sorry, but though I replaced you, Rutu certainly wants YOU more."

Rutu looked astonished. "You too, Dev?"

"YO RUTU, YOU'RE HERE!" Yes, that was Bravo. He had to make a cameo, didn't he.