Chapter Twenty Four

On a chilled, cloudy morning, the sun's rays struggled to pierce through the thick blanket of gray that enveloped the dreary landscape. The atmosphere was tinged with a somber mood, as if the universe itself had succumbed to melancholy. The air hung heavy with the weight of unspoken sorrow, casting a pall over the inhabitants of a dark-brown mansion.

The hushed whispers of morning breeze carried the weight of unspoken sorrows, as if nature too had been touched by a sorrowful stillness. Every blade of grass seemed burdened, weighed down by the weight of gloomy secrets whispered to sympathetic ears. It was as though the sky's tears had been absorbed into the very essence of the mansion, each droplet seeping through the cracks and crevices, spreading its melancholic touch.

As the minutes languidly passed by, a peculiar change began to stir in the air. What initially seemed to be nature's manifestation of sadness slowly transformed into an enchanting dance of emotions. The clouds, adorned in their grey attire, morphed and swirled, casting ethereal shadows that swept across the landscape. A symphony of delicate raindrops commenced their melodic descent, tapping gently upon windowsills and petals alike.

She relinquished her slumber and, with a weary countenance, beguiled the tendrils of sleep that yet clung to her restless mind. As she gingerly opened my eyes, they beheld a world shrouded in a delicate veil of vaporous wisps, casting an ethereal pallor upon the landscape. The room itself, bathed in a subdued luminescence, exuded an ambience that mirrored the peculiar calmness of the hour. The golden rays, once so eager to weave their way through the window's panes, were now subjugated, vanquished by the heavens' impenetrable veil. The silence that reigned, save for a distant hushed rustle carried by the faint breeze, imparted an air of profound introspection upon her.

She let out a loud sigh, remembering the harshness of her sister's news, she wished if it was a nightmare that will fade when she wakes up, she wished for once that she will be accepted. Why? is the question that hunted her mind, when? is the time that will end her misery, how? is the path that will lead her there. She glanced at her body as she touched her mark, remembering the scars that tortured her for hours, she moved her hands to and touched her chest, remembering how fast her heart was beating, she moved to her clothes and grabbed them, as a flashback appeared in front of her eyes, remembering her hands, her scent, and her body.

A wistful smile formed on her face, remembering her sister's words "she is close yet unreachable". She was there between her arms, yet she isn't hers to claim, she was grabbing her as hard as she can, yet she isn't allowed to touch her again. Her voice was a symphony to her heart, her scent was numbing her pain, but all of that was for someone else to have. Deep down in her mind she wished that all of what she experienced was a dream, at least her heart will not burn over someone who doesn't care about her, or at least if she had to live it again, she would choose to be a creature like her.

She reached out her hand, to grab her phone on the nightstand, cruising through her emails trying to catch up on what she missed during her recovery, when she finished, her final destination was her messages, she knew that her friends were checking on her everyday, but she chose to stay alone for awhile. She giggled when she read what they wrote to her, despite their way of teasing her, they knew how to cheer her up. She was about to reply to them when her thumbs decided to stop, she was afraid to open up, afraid that they might blame her for saving someone who hurt her in return, afraid that they will push her to forget about her.

She was about to close her phone, but someone caught her in action, she couldn't help but to smirk, knowing how nosy her friend is, she gathered her strength to reply to her, hoping she will understand her situation, hoping that her friend will be on her side no matter what will happen.

Nosy;

-Grumpy! I can see that you appear online! don't you dare ignore me young lady!

I can't have a moment of peace and quiet without you all disturbing me, especially Ri with his constant questions, I am beginning to question myself on how he became my business partner, was I drunk the other day?-