11: YOU AGAIN?!

Bumping into his ex boyfriend's best friend in the grocery store wasn't really something Jungwon had expected. Strolling through the aisle filled with instant noodles and ramyeon to stack up their food at the dorm, Jungwon sees Heeseung putting some ramyeon in the basket he was holding. The eye contact was purely an accident on Jungwon's part, and before he could even look away immediately, he caught how Heeseung's eyes lit up and a smile formed in his face.

Jungwon smiles back at him a little, a dimple appearing. He's just planning on putting some ramyeon in the cart he's pushing and he's storming off immediately, but it seems like he's not gonna get away that easily. Heeseung waves at him and Jungwon just lifts his hand from holding the cart and waves back a bit.

"Hey, Wonie," the older one says when Jungwon gets close enough. Jungwon mutters back a little "hey hyung," though he doesn't really wanna talk. Heeseung doesn't seem to take the hint as he turns to Jungwon and initiates a conversation.

"How have you been?" He asks.

"Fine," Jungwon murmurs, reluctantly stopping in his tracks. The smile on Heeseung's face becomes smaller and the sparkle in his eyes fades, replaced with what looks to be melancholy.

"I'm sorry, Jungwon," he apologizes seriously, voice filled with remorse. "For... you know. I know I said it a hundred times but- it's never enough."

"You did nothing wrong," Jungwon shakes his head and gives Heeseung a reassuring smile. "Please. Don't apologize for him," Jungwon mutters, and Heeseung has always been a good friend to him. He was there whenever Jungwon needed him. He'd stop playing video games with Jaeyun whenever he heard Jungwon visit, and he'd always go up to Jungwon to greet him hello, to talk to him even if it's short, and on some occasions he'd receive gifts from Heeseung here and there.

When Heeseung found out about what happened, he personally went to Jungwon to apologize for his best friend's actions. That day, Jungwon told him not to come visit anymore.

It was painful to say the least. Jungwon lost his Heeseung-hyung too.

Heeseung frowns, as if contemplating whether to say what was on his mind or not, but he ends up doing so. "Just know that I'm still here for you."

It hurts Jungwon when he hears that, his heart clenching. But no matter how close they were, it can never compare to the bond Heeseung has with that guy. They're best friends after all, even before Jungwon came into their lives. A sigh escapes from Jungwon and the little smile on his face wasn't a happy one. "I don't know, hyung," he sadly murmurs, and Heeseung stays silent for a while before he nods his head.

"Alright," he quietly says and gives Jungwon another smile that doesn't reach his eyes, and he walks off without another word after giving Jungwon a single nod. A nod that communicated to him that Heeseung does understand, and a nod that indicated a simple goodbye.

Sunghoon and Jay were hanging out in Sunoo and Jungwon's dorm today. Jungwon's still not back from grocery shopping, and as he sat on the couch with the couple nuzzling together at the other end, Jay feels the sudden urge to satiate his curiosity.

A show plays on the background as Sunghoon's passed out on Sunoo's shoulder. It wasn't unexpected because the two roommates are incredibly sleep-deprived for playing a game together ("C'mon, Jay! We literally don't have class tomorrow!" "I'm struggling to keep my eyes open, Hoon.")

Jay glances at Sunoo who looks at him back, and Sunoo snorts. "Geez. You look like a zombie."

Yawning, Jay hugs the pillow over his chest tighter. "It's just another Saturday." Sunoo chuckles at his words, and after a bit, Jay asks him. "Have you met Jaeyun before?"