Chapter 6- Proving Her Innocence

An update here, vote and leave lots of comments.

Not proofread
Enjoy!

________________________

She woke up to the irritating noise of her alarm. Everytime she heard it, she regretted setting her favourite tune as the noise which would wake her up everyday because she had begun to hate that tune.

She checked the time, it was six in the morning. She didnt want to wake up yet but she had to, her studies were calling her.

Even though, everyday she tried to not take her mobile the first thing in the morning, she ended up doing just that every single time. It had become a habit of hers to check her messages and emails everytime she woke up.

But today, there was something different. The first message she saw from Haseena. She opened her chat and there was a photo of the assignment along with an audio note. She played the message and put it near her ear.

"Iam really very sorry Karishma, jab tak hum ghar aaye tab bahut der ho chuki thi, humne jitni jaldi ho sake yeh khatam kiya aur apko bhej diya. I hope ap yeh jaldi khatm kr paye" Haseena said, her tone filled with hesitancy and guilt.

She pulled the phone away from her ear and smiled looking at the chat. This girl was so innocent and a total cutie. She looked at the time she had sent the message at, and understood why she was asking sorry. It was freaking 1:30 in the morning.

"Itne der tak voh restaurant mein thi?" Karishma mumbled, asking to herself.

Having several things in her mind, she got up to get ready. For some reason, or because of someone, the walls of her bathroom witnessed a cheerful and happy Karishma instead of a tiresome and groaning one. She had smile on her face while she scrubbed the soap on her skin, she showed some of her dance moves while the water ran down to her feet. She wanted to look the best of herself, for some reason.

Finally, at 7 she packed her bag and went to the college, humming a song. She was feeling like a chirpy bird with wings who wanted to fly high.

____________________________

Carrying the bag on her shoulders, Haseena was walking towards her college. The day didnt start too well for the girl when she found out that her bike had been punctured. No mechanic would be up this early so her only option was to walk to her college.

She was still exhausted, the previous day had been hectic for her. Her studies and work didnt give her time for herself. She sometimes looked at the people around her, the people who used to attend the same college as hers. Whenever she saw them, she only saw how luxurious their lives were. New clothes, no need to work. They had a lot of time to study and spare some for themselves.

Though she tried not to compare her life with others, she couldn't control doing it. Somewhere she knew that she didnt crave for the luxuries, she craved for the friendship these people had. Her only true friend at the moment was Santu, who she knew would always stand with her, who knew how to make her smile.

Santu was one of the persons she genuinely cared and loved with all her heart, like a younger sister. Though she proved to be really 'innocent' at times, she had that sense that Haseena was not who everyone thought she was.

"Haseena!" She heard a voice from behind as she reached the gate of the college, she turned back and found Karishma doing a little jog to catch up to her.