Peace and Quiet, 1968

As the sun set along the horizon the faint outline of an engine could be seen beyond the big station.

"Here he comes!" hollered Arthur.

A colossal engine with a long line of trucks groaned to a halt alongside Arthur. The Fat Controller stepped out of his office to greet the newcomer.

"Hello there, you must be Murdoch I presume?"

"Aye Sir." Murdoch replied.

"I've heard alot of good things about you from Arthur and I hope that what he says is true."

"Oh trust me Sir they are! Murdoch here is a wonderful engine and will do wonders for the railway!"

"I do hope so!" laughed the Fat Controller. "Now take Murdoch to the sheds, I'm sure he's had a long day and would like a good rest."

"Right away Sir! Come on Murdoch, you'll love the other engines!"

Murdoch gave out a little smirk and puffed away with Arthur towards the sheds.

"Maybe with this new engine taking the goods I'll be able to grace the passengers with my presence on the express!" exclaimed James.

"Pah!" grunted Gordon. "Get your smoke box cleaned James because as long as I'm still in good enough steam you aren't taking my express!"

"Hello everyone! You won't believe it but my old friend has arrived!" Arthur said merrily.

The other engines looked and were shocked to see Murdoch backing down next to Arthur. They were all stunned by his sheer size. Even Gordon couldn't help but feel intimidated by him.

"Is there a problem?" asked Murdoch.

"Oh uh n-no." said Henry. "It's just that urm..."

"We've never seen an engine of your size before." cut in James.

Murdoch didn't reply and just smiled. He was used to this sort of reaction from other engines.

"So tell us Murdoch," began Gordon. "An engine of your size must be quite powerful. What is your top speed? I don't mean to brag, but I can easily go 100 miles an hour if I so wished."

"What's the longest train you've ever pulled?" asked James.

"Have you ever been in any accidents?" questioned Duck.

"You're a chatty lot." grumbled Murdoch as he backed down into the shed.

The other engines looked at each other with puzzled glances.

"Oh I can already tell he'll be a joy." puffed Gordon.

"Can you blame him?" said Henry. "You guys really don't know when to keep quiet! Now hush up and go to sleep!"

The others said no more and drifted to sleep, leaving Arthur the only one awake.

"Strange Murdoch always loved talking about his strength," he thought. "It's probably just the long journey here's got him cranky."

The next morning Arthur was preparing Murdoch's first goods train.

"Right Murdoch this lot here is due out for Wellsworth where it'll be transferred to BoCo's goods then-"

"The rest for the mainland, aye I know."

The guard then blew his whistle and Murdoch pulled the massive train away leaving a confused Arthur behind. Murdoch tore down the mainline as his wheels pounded the rails.

"Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Express coming through!" exclaimed Gordon as he shot past.

"No matter where I go, noise always seems to follow me."