2: The Coffee

Aziraphale:

While he felt the lift to Heaven going up, Aziraphale felt strange.

Obviously, he wanted Crowley to be an angel with him.

He had thought about it many times. It would've
made things so much easier for him many times.

Aziraphale was still holding the coffee he was given, but he didn't want to drink more, even though the Metatron told him it would help him calm down.

He looked at it. And he drank a few more sips.

He wasn't feeling like himself. It was... strange what was going on in his head.

There was a voice in his head telling him that doing this was the right thing to do. He could change just about everything. This was the right thing to do.

But then, in the back of his mind, there was a tiny voice telling him that, no. He can't leave like this. He was missing something. Or rather, someone.

He liked Crowley, obviously, but Heaven was still his home... right? And the Metatron had been so nice to him- and if everyone would be this nice to him now- and he could change this place- he could-

Aziraphale breathed in deeply as they arrived. 'This is good. Everything is fine. Calm down.'

The Metatron guided him through Heaven, speaking, and it felt like what he was saying was the most important thing in the world right now, but Aziraphale just couldn't listen.

There were far too many thoughts in his own head to listen to anybody else right now.

And then he saw Michael and Uriel.

He now had a higher rank then the two of them. Sure they were all archangels, but he was...

"...the new Supreme Archangel!", the Metatron introduced him happily.

Aziraphale waved his hand for a short second. He cleared his throat. "Well, uhm, hello again. I'm sure we have a lot to discuss, so, uhm, you, Metatron, can go back to your work now."

He chuckled. "I won't leave you alone for your first day of work! This is an important job, and I'm just gonna make sure you'll do it right."

"Really? I mean- don't you have more important work to do?"

The Metatron looked at him, meaningfully. "No."

Nodding his head shakily, Aziraphale turned to look at Micheal and Uriel. "So, uhm, do you have anything to report?"

They looked at each other, Micheal speaking up. "Gabriel and Beelzebub went off together. I suggest we sent someone to take Gabriel or the both of them back."

Aziraphale nodded while Micheal was speaking, then he shook his head. "No-! I mean, they surely won't cause any trouble."

Uriel and Micheal seemed to sense something was up; they kept giving each other confused looks, complementing whether to comment on the strange behaviour.

Uriel spoke up. "It's time for us archangels to hold a meeting." He looked at the Metatron. "Now it's time for you to leave."

The Metatron looked back at him. "I won't leave Aziraphale here alone on his first day of work."

Micheal spoke up, with her everlasting polite aggressiveness. "We will take good care of him. After all, he now is an archangel, and we know better what it's like to be one then you."

The Metatron glanced at her.

He smiled.

"I suppose you do. I will continue with my work."