17: Rezcuerz & Propozalz

Crowley & Aziraphale:

Even at their worst, neither Aziraphale nor Crowley would've expected that their former bosses would come and rescue them.

Out of all the people that though the two of them were together, Gabriel and Beelzebub, or in this case in general Heaven and Hell, took it the worst.

Their reaction was followed by a couple from 1902, but half of that couple understood the perks of same sex partners in the end, heavily influenced by Crowley and Aziraphale, of course.

-1902-
(quick disclaimer: homophobia in the beginning.)

Aziraphale and Crowley had once again run into each other, once again in Paris, and once again decided to spend a little time together.

They were strolling through the streets at night, catching up what happened since they last ran into each other, which was exactly 40 years ago.

They had a rather pleasant chat, passing few other couples that late, but one in particular peaked both their interest.

They were loudly arguing at first, but when briefly noticing Crowley and Aziraphale, they stopped arguing and started to whisper to each other.

When passing, the man bumped into Aziraphale, on purpose. Crowley didn't exactly like that, intention set aside.

He turned around. 'Excuse you?', he said, looking the both of them up and down.

The man coughed arrogantly. 'Well, you were offending us. What if there were children running around at this time?' The man was able to speak English relatively fluent, and his wife seemed to understand him too.

'Well there weren't. Uhm, even if, what have we done to offend you? Or the children, in that matter.', Aziraphale asked, completely oblivious about the whole situation.

Crowley tried to briefly explain, but he was cut off by the man, who seemed even more offended now.

'Really. Look at you. You pretentious, intelligent, English man, acting as if his highly homosexual behaviour was completely normal.'

Aziraphale was dumbfounded at that.

'What my... friend here is trying to say, is that, even if we were together, it shouldn't offend anybody. And not you, rich, careless folk anyway. Although I'm starting to get the feeling that the money you've been getting from daddy won't flow for much longer.'

With that, Crowley turned around, guiding Aziraphale with him.

'Intelligent, English and homosexual. That has got to be the most humorous one I've heard thus far.', Aziraphale said after a moment of thinking.

Crowley snorted. 'Oh, it's not the first time I've heard that combination about you.', he grinned at the memories.

Aziraphale looked at him, half shocked, half amused. 'Sorry?'

'Yes. What do you say about some nice French wine this Sunday? It's been a while since we've last been in Paris, hasn't it?', Crowley said, not wanting to further discuss that matter.

Aziraphale nodded excitedly. 'Oh, I know just the-'

'As much as I appreciate that, I've already got something in mind. Let's meet by our crêpe place Sunday, 8pm.'

Aziraphale agreed, and the two if them continued strolling for a while.

When Sunday came around, Crowley led Aziraphale to a nice restaurant, with the largest range of different wines in Paris, according to him.