3: A Job Offer, A Flashback And A Wish

Edit: FUCK I FORGOT THE PROPHECY I'M SO SORRY IT'S AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CHAPTER NOW I'M SORRY.
- - -
Crowley:

When Crowley woke up, he felt terrible. He often woke up with that particular feeling, that, whatever he did, it'd be pointless in the end.

But on such days, it felt even better to know that Aziraphale would be in his bookshop, doing whatever, but always open to talk with him or drink some wine.

Not wanting to further think about the realisation that that won't ever happen again, Crowley got up. He looked outside, seeing it was just dawn. He sighed.

"What do you want?", Crowley turned around to look at Shax standing behind him.

"I came to have a chat with you.", she said. "I have a proposal to make, now that you and... the new Supreme Archangel aren't a thing anymore, I thought your life would be even more miserable."

He looked at her. "So me getting stood up is the number one gossip in Heaven and Hell right now?", when Shax nodded, he added: "What... exactly?"

"You professing your everlasting love, him saying no, and you leaving, crying."

"That's- uhh? How the hell-" Realisation hit. "Goddamn it, Muriel!" He sighed again, falling back onto his bed. Of course; Muriel watched the scene and told the next person who asked.

Well, at least they didn't say anything about the part where he kissed Aziraphale.

"I want you to come back."

Uhm. Well that was unexpected.

"Why.", he demanded.

She did something that looked like a smile. "You have nothing left to lose. I would guess you're furious at Heaven. Again. Your friend chose Heaven over you."

Crowley sat up. "You're incredibly annoying, d'you know that?" He sighed dramatically, sitting back down on the back. "Yeah, fine, I'll think about it."

Shax looked down at him. "Think properly." And she was gone.

Crowley got up and thought for a moment, noticing the tea still standing beside his bed. He took the cup, sipping on it. Although it was cold, it wasn't too bad.

Hah. Perks of getting tea made by a witch.

Crowley went downstairs, briefly checking up on the Bentley standing in front of the cottage, then into the kitchen, where he met Anathema, sorting cards.

"I...", Crowley thought for a second. He had no idea what to say. "Hello." Wow, how smooth.

"Good morning. You already up?", Anathema put the box away.

"Incredibly stupid question. Do you see me up right now?", he replied, clearly annoyed.

She didn't give an answer, just looked at him, just as annoyed. So Crowley went upstairs again.

He threw himself on the bed again, not knowing what to do with himself. He fell asleep, deep in thoughts.

              -A Few Hours To Armageddon't-

"Have a nice Doomsday!", Crowley turned away, not looking back to Aziraphale.

He's had enough of this. Of him. Of Armageddon. Of absolutely everything and everyone around him.

He went back to the Bentley, not driving yet, but thinking.

When did it start? When did all of this start?

It must've been planned since before the Beginning. God had planned out everything since... forever. Crowley looked at the steering wheel, tapping his fingers at it.

He was sure, that somewhere, God was watching all of this and noting that everything is going according to plan. And it made him furious.

She was doing everything according to Her stupid 'Great Plan' and Heaven, Hell and the whole planet had to fight and/or die.

Stopping Armageddon would be so, so much easier if Aziraphale would not have this exhausting inner argument about whether to trust him.

Crowley trusted Aziraphale with his life. He had since their beginning and The Beginning.

And as he was thinking about it, he thought it'd be so much better if he was still an angel.

Aziraphale would trust him, they would've seen each other more over the last 6000 years, and perhaps he would have a chance with him.

But then once again, Crowley would never be able to become an angel again. And that was good, because in reality, he didn't really want to.

He sighed to himself, starting the car. He was going to figure out something.

He just wanted Aziraphale to trust him.

                              -Present Day-

Crowley was wondering what Aziraphale was doing right now.

For sure, he must be very busy being the Supreme Archangel and all.

He had some time to think about it, but he was still absolutely sure he didn't want to be an angel again.

He was abandoned once before, and he didn't trust the bullshit the Metatron was saying to Aziraphale. The only thing he was hoping for was that they didn't abandon him too.

No matter how hurt he was by Aziraphale, Crowley didn't want him to go through falling.

It was mostly because it hurt, but also because he didn't want to be pitied by Aziraphale. That was one of the last things he wanted.

'As the demon awakes, he shall be enticed and spoken to, offered things of ages past. In his reveries of olden times, you, Anathema, shall be destined to seek out the angel's shop.'

- - -
Hellooo.
This is a day too late and it's short, my apologies.

(On another note: Thank you SO MUCH for the votes and reads and stuff, it means a lot. Mwah.)

Speaking of, why not vote if you still enjoyed this?