13: Hide & Seek (But what does the seeker look like?)

-Heaven, Present Day-

'...You're not serious, are you? And Aziraphale, who I... led up here, is just gone now?'

Who likes to be the messenger of bad news? No one.

And two Archangels reporting the new Supreme Archangel for missing (although the last time the old one was missing was like 3 days ago), to the literal voice of God?

No, they don't like to be the messenger either. Especially not because it was a direct consequence out of their actions.

(What's this? The consequences of their actions, now? Sorry, had to.)

'After the meeting we called in, he wandered off. Said  he had things to do.', Micheal said, having decided it's best to pretend no knowledge about what happened.

'And neither of you thought, just for a second, you should tell me?', the Metatron was clearly annoyed with the actions of everybody involved.

Uriel and Micheal gave each other a look before Uriel commented. 'As already established, he's the Supreme Archangel of Heaven. He can do whatever he wants. Gabriel was prove of that.'

'I don't care. I want you to find him. Have a bone to pick with my old friend.'

                             -Hell, Present Day-

Shax was sitting in her new office when Hastur dropped by.

'What are they doing on Earth? Thought Crowley was rejected and they weren't on speaking terms.'

Shax shrugged. 'Things change. Go do the job.'

'Earth shouldn't be there anymore. It's wrong. I hate it.'

Shax looked up from her paperwork. 'I could just give the job to anybody. Remember to change.'

                           -Earth, Present Day-

To Crowley's surprise, the angel cuddling against him actually slept through the entire remaining night, while he couldn't even blink. (BC DONT BLINK. DONT EVEN BLINK. BLINK AND UR DEAD.)

Crowley couldn't close his eyes, because not only was he far too excited to fall asleep, but he also got this overwhelming sense of protectiveness for Aziraphale.

And now, he was laying in his arms, which made him more vulnerable then ever.

But that beautiful feeling of complete calmness was suddenly interrupted when Aziraphale began to tremble.

It was gentle at first, but he began to get shakier and shakier with every passing second.

Crowley carefully leaned him against the couch, so he could sit upright and tapped him lightly.

'Angel? Hey, Aziraphale? Can you hear me? Angel-'

Suddenly Aziraphale woke up and if he could sweat, he would be soaked by now.

'I- I was seeing...' Aziraphale looked around the room, to Crowley and away again. 'There was...'

Crowley took his hands, looking at him. 'Angel. Look at me. Hey. Tell me what you saw.'