5: Realisation & Regret

Aziraphale:

No matter how much he thought about his current situation, Aziraphale only came to one conclusion: he was fucked.

The Metatron had... guided him thanks to his personal issues with Heaven, that he knew. Well, he didn't exactly know that. He had absolutely no idea what the Metatron was capable of.

But why was the only thing on Aziraphale's mind right now Crowley and/or Raphael? Well, that was stupid, of course he knew why that was.

Either way, he didn't want to be near the Metatron again.

But what he going to do now? Was he going to go back to earth, to find Crowley? That's what he wanted to do,
at least.

"Uhm... Archangels Micheal and Uriel?", he looked up at the two of them standing in front of apparently his new desk.

"Did he do something to you?", Micheal asked, urgently.

"Well, uhm, I believe he did.", he gave an awkward smile, "But you two were able to ground me again, so thank you for that." He continued to smile awkwardly, not knowing what to do or say.

Which perhaps wasn't too clever, because Uriel nodded once in approval and then the to of them continued to look down at him.

He looked back up.

"Do you know how I can get back to Earth without being spotted by the Metatron?", he decided to ask. Because he certainly wanted to avoid the information & directions center. He didn't exactly get on with the angel working there.

He encountered the angel there once before, and it was not a pleasant memory for both sides.

They looked at each other. "Well, the lift, obviously.", Uriel said. 'You came up with the it, didn't you?'

"Oh, yeah, of course! Yes, how could I forget?", he light up, standing up. He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Uhh, well thank you for the recommendation. I... appreciate it. Goodbye."

And then he just walked away, looking for the lift.

Aziraphale felt very strange. It wasn't the first time he was absolutely helpless, but it was the first time he couldn't count on Crowley's support.

He didn't want to relive exactly what Crowley said to him

But apparently, he told him about the Metatron's job offer and he was certain that he wanted him to come too.

But thinking back, it was so stupid to offer it to him. He knew Crowley, and he knew that he wouldn't want to be an angel again.

And he felt so stupid about having offered the position to him.

He didn't know what either of them said or did. He felt like if Crowley would just tell him again what he said there, the memory would come back to him.

Now he just needed to find Crowley.

He entered the lift, luckily with no one else around. In Heaven-style, it only had three buttons.

An H at the top an E in the middle and another H on the bottom.

And as he stood there, he wondered why a war didn't already erupt with Heaven and Hell being this close to each other.

Apparently, if you spend to much time near the enemy, you just kinda fall in love with them. Cough cough Gabriel and Aziraphale cough cough.

(It's so awkward to document the passing time, soo)

Aziraphale stepped out of the elevator when it finally arrived on Earth. Fortunately, it was still beside his bookshop.

Now, he was quite sure that Crowley wasn't in the bookshop, but he just wanted to make sure everything was okay.

And when he entered, he certainly did not expect to hear laughter.

But then he saw them. Anathema, Maggie, Muriel and Nina. Sitting on the sofa and chair, chatting, drinking and laughing.

He coughed. He wasn't heard. He coughed again, louder this time. Still wasn't heard.

When he ringed his own bell, he finally got noticed. Anathema stood up. 'Ah, it's you! 'S amazing. So. D'you remember Armageddon?'

Aziraphale was confused to A. see her again and B. see her again, drunk in his bookshop.

But he nodded slowly. 'Not something you would forget', he answered, chuckling awkwardly.

'Okay. Okay. Here. I need you to go to my cottage where you miracled around my bike and take your friend back home. Do NOT read the prophesies, understand?'

Anathema seemed to be the soberest one in the group, which wasn't a too good sign, because you can see very clearly that she was drunk.

'My... friend? Crowley? Is Crowley at your cottage?', he was filled with hope once again.

'Yes! Yess, that's the one.' Anathema handed him one of the prophecy cards. ''S the only one you get. Go.'

Aziraphale read through the prophecy card quickly and he got out of the shop as fast as he could. He miracled a car open, getting in. It's been quite some time since he's been in a car that wasn't the Bentley.

And he certainly missed her when he realised that the car he lent without asking was quite modern.

But how hard could it be? It was just like the Bentley, only a tiny bit more complicated to get to start.

Sighing, he just miracled it to start. He did not have the time to learn all of it right now.

Time, he realised, wasn't going to be an issue. Unfortunately discorporating could be.

He manoeuvred around the streets of London with 90mph. If Crowley saw him right now, he was certainly going to forgive him.

Having finally managed to get out of London, the extreme speed wasn't so much of a problem anymore.

He still remembered the way from a while back, and when he finally reached a street that felt even more familiar than the rest of the way, he remembered he was at the point where Crowley hit Anathema. 'Or someone hit him', as he put it.

He slowed down and drove the rest of the way in a normal pace.

Then, he finally saw Anathema's cottage and the Bentley parking in front of it. He checked up on her for a moment before entering.

The door was open, and so were all the doors in the house, so he heard talking from upstairs.

'Okay. Fine. But I have conditions.' That's Crowley!

He went upstairs and actually even saw him. Although it hasn't been long since he last saw him, Aziraphale was incredibly relieved to see him again.

'Crowley! Uh, look-'

Crowley turned around. He was on the phone and he was visibly shocked to see him there.

'Angel-'

And he was gone. The phone dropped.

Aziraphale walked over to it and picked it up. He had been on the phone with Shax, agreeing to something.

The call ended and it seemed like Crowley had been sucked into the phone.

Whatever just happened, Aziraphale got the feeling that he had to walk through the literal Hell to get to him.

'As ye, the angel, sets eyes upon these lines, speedily must ye seek yer beloved's embrace. Should tardiness prevail, knowledge of the next steps shall dawn, but caution must be practiced, for broken things require tender hands to mend the way. But ye shall know what to plaster when confrontation lays ahead.'

- - -
I'm back with uploading!!

If you enjoyed, feel free to vote. :)