10: Fleeing, A Flashback, And Nearly Hatred

Crowley & Aziraphale:

Imagine this:

You fall in love with your formal enemy, and not just anywhere, but before the beginning of the Earth and half the universe.

You meet each other in the span of 6000 years on Earth a few times, and after a while he doesn't hate you as much, but he still thinks it's wrong to like you.

The two of you prevent Armageddon because you've grown rather fond of your life on Earth, and now you're your on your own side.

But jokes on you, because a few years later you meet the guy who told you only friend to 'shut his stupid mouth and die already.'

But he doesn't remember it.

Ahhh, jokes on you again, because it turns out the guy's fallen in love with your boss, (haha, they're on opposite sides, the very thing that made them want to execute you and your friend) and they run off together.

You see your chance and you take it after over 6000 fucking years of pining. Guess what the guy does? He rejects you and runs back to Heaven, and you and him have quite a shitty relationship to Heaven.

But your friend, he has the most toxic one. You just despise it.

And now, you're offered a higher rank in Hell, you take the position because you think he's not gonna return anyways, BUT JOKE'S ON YOU AGAIN because he comes back to you and now you'll have to hide from Heaven and Hell.

Sounds relatable? Well, this Anthony Janthony Crowley guy and me are fucking sorry for you.

'I don't think is a good idea, Crowley.', Aziraphale said as he followed behind Crowley, struggling a bit to keep up with him.

'I know you can't, but trust me with this one.' Aziraphale couldn't even tell if Crowley was mocking him or just absolutely pissed, but it seemed like both.

'Crowley, really-', but he was cut off by Crowley shoving him against a wall, pinning him there.

'You wouldn't dare speak to me like that. I have every right to feel how I feel after over a few thousand years of hating myself for my feelings for you.'

Aziraphale hated that he couldn't make out Crowley's eyes properly. But he felt his shaky breaths and he heard his shaky voice incredibly good.

'How dare you act like you do.', he scoffed, continuing to walk. 'And I'm still tryna save you.', he muttered.

Aziraphale breathed out. He followed Crowley and he turned back to look at the wall, where he saw a poster.

'DON'T LIKE THE ENEMY.', it read.

The elevator ride was awkward to say the least, the two of them not talking, but looking around.

'Change back.', Crowley suddenly said.

And Aziraphale looked at him, but he snapped back into his normal clothes without saying a word.

'Where are we gonna go? And why?'

Crowley looked at him. 'Heaven's new Supreme Archangel ran away. Know anything about it? Well, Shax told me they're looking for you. Especially the Metatron.'

'Well, about that-'

'No, angel, I really don't wanna hear it.'

Aziraphale hesitated for a moment. Then he got back to staring at the floor.

'Anathema, Maggie, Nina and Muriel are at the bookshop.', he finally stated, earning a look from Crowley.