Ash POV 1

Parties weren't really my thing, but Fez and I knew it was good for business so here I am at some rich dudes lame party. Fez and I hated separating but the more distance the better, so I made my way to the back yard while Fez covered the inside.

   Before sitting with my "friends" I made sure my ringer was on and at full volume. I dabbed up the boys and sat in the ugliest green lawn chair I'd ever seen.

   As I was finishing up with a customer, the last person on Earth I wanted to see came and sat way too close to me. Just with the close contact alone I was annoyed, and being it was Britney that was this close made it ten times worse.

  "hey Ashyyyy! I missed you! I tried calling, but you must've been too busy so I figured I'd save you the trouble of calling back and just come find you myself!" Britney squealed in my ear as she twirled her fake blonde hair.

    Apparently she didn't catch the hint because it wasn't that I was busy all the time, she was just simply blocked on everything.

     "Whatchu want?" I said lowly, showing my annoyance in my voice, but of course my tone went right over her head. "I missed you... I was hoping we could link up...alone." she repeated like I didn't unfortunately hear her the first time she said it.

     Was all that blonde dye in her hair killing her brain cells? I don't want this girl and I've told her that and she's been blocked for weeks, yet here she is ruining business.

  I've tried being nice to this chick, even though she don't deserve it. It's not her looks that turn me off it's her personality, or lack there of, and how she treats others. I may not be the nicest of the bunch, but one thing I don't tolerate is bullies and she's the biggest bully of them all.

  If you're not in her small little girly gang, you're nothing but dirt under her high heels to her.

   As if proving my point, some new girl walks passed us causing Britney to sit up in her chair and yell in her direction. Oh boy.

   "Hey new girl! Yeah- you. Come here!" Britney hollered as she pointed to the newbie. The girl looked half terrified and half bored. She kept glancing in Rue's direction so I'm assuming she knows her. If not she's just plain weird.

  "What's your name, newbie?" Britney asks from beside me causing me to sigh. I don't feel like dealing with this, but I'll only butt in if she becomes harsh. I'm half curious to know the chicks name myself so only way to find out is to let Britney keep whining to her with questions.

   The girl looks at me with her bright green eyes and her thick shapely brows narrow. Dark freckles cover her nose and her cheek bones causing her eyes to appear brighter. Dark curly hair frame around her freckles face and ends at the middle of her back. Thick full lips fit with her small button nose giving her an almost doll-like appearance. Cute, but creepy if you ask me.

   "Melody." The girl speaks but she does so softly as if she don't want to give her name. I don't blame her. One look at Britney could send you running.

   "You don't look like you belong here. Why are you even here." I roll my eyes at her bluntness and give half sorrowful eyes to the girl.

Rue walks up and stands close to Melody and narrows her eyes at the blonde beside me. "Why are you speaking to my cousin as if you aren't a shallow fake blonde with fried hair and a pound of make up on?" Comments like this are why I got a soft spot for Rue. She may be out of it half the time, but she's hilarious and straight up with you about everything and says what she thinks most of the time.

   The word cousin almost slid past me. Guess that's how she knows Rue. Rue glances at me and I sigh already knowing what she needs. I toss her the usual and glance back at her cousin. I nod in her direction and she smiles softly. The smile made me falter slightly only because I want expecting it considering how close Britney was sitting by me. I would've thought the girl thought I was on blondies side. Which I'm not, by any means.