Prologue: Moving Day, First New Friend

y/n POV

Great, just when I thought life couldn't get any more stressful. Not only am I moving, never to see any of my few friends again, but I've had to learn an entire new language. Why did Mom have to get that promotion in Paris?

m/n: Oh cheer up y/n. Moving to Paris won't be so bad, think of it as a new beginning. Besides, it is the city of love, maybe you'll finally meet that special somebody~.

My face flares up in a blush. Why does mom like teasing me so much?

y/n: Mom, qu-quit it! Besides, who would love me with these weird ears?

I say, pointing towards my ears, which are pointed at the ends, kinda like an elf. I had a rare birth defect which caused my ears to be shaped like this. It only affected my appearance, but it's caused me to be made fun of a lot, so I tend to hide them.

m/n: Oh, honey. Your ears, or any other part of you, are nothing to be ashamed of. They're what make you so unique and special, and I wouldn't have you any other way.

She then embraces me in a warm hug, which a return.

m/n: Now then, you have all your things packed? Have you said your goodbyes to everyone?

y/n: Yep, all done.

m/n: Alrighty, then let's get to the airport! We don't have all day.

y/n: Right.

I can only hope that things'll be better off there. Who knows, I might make more friends there, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Timeskip to arrival in Paris

m/n: Ahhh, Paris, our new home. Aren't you excited honey?

y/n: I will be when we get out of this airport, everyone is staring at us.

m/n: A few stares never hurt anyone, but we should hurry. The sooner we get there and unpack, the better.

We manage to call a taxi and load all our luggage in the back. The driver then asks us where we'd like to go and mom gives her the address of our new house. We arrive surprisingly fast.

m/n: Thank you, have a nice day.

y/n: T-thanks.

I turn around and get to take in our new house in all its glory. There's a large truck in front of it.

y/n: Wow Mom, how did you get this place?

m/n: The company gave it to me, sort of as a welcome gift.

y/n: Cool, seems nice.

m/n: Well, let's get to it. Our stuff isn't going to unpack itself.

y/n: Right, we should get on that.

Mom and I began unpacking our stuff and organizing things around our new place. A good while in, Mom calls out to me.

m/n: Sweetie, I've got a favour to ask of you.