Chapter 7: Rogercop, Reporting for Duty!

y/n POV

y/n: Mom, we have to go! You ready?

m/n: Yep, all ready for career day!

My mom and I leave the house, making our way to my school.  Today is career day at school, so we get to bring our parents in and have them explain their jobs, my Mom being a yoga instructor. We get there just in time to hear Marinette's father explaining his job.

Tom: Now, one might think that the life of a baker is pretty routine, making the same pastries, rolls, cakes. But actually it differs everyday, because someone could order a cake in the shape of the Eiffel Tower.

Tom goes on for a short while longer, but I get distracted by a gloomy looking Adrien sulking into the classroom. I assume his father couldn't make it. I'm brought out of my thoughts by Marinette placing a croissant on my desk.

Marinette: Here you go, y/n. Baked fresh by yours truly. Well, I mean, my dad baked them, but I hope you enjoy it anyway.

y/n: Oh, thanks Marinette. It looks great.

She smiles and walks off, as Alya's mother begins speaking, who's name I learned is Marlena Cesaire. She's the head chef at Le Grand Paris.

Marlena: Unfortunately, I don't have any dishes to share, but perhaps Mr. Bourgeois will invite you all to the hotel and treat you for lunch.

Everyone begins clapping, when Marinette slips on Chloe's bag.

Chloe: Ugh, is there a day where you're not tripping over something?

I walk down and help Marinette up.

y/n: Are you ok, Marinette?

Marinette: Oh yeah, you know me. It's happened to me so much that I've basically built up an immunity to this sort of thing.

I'm not sure that's something to be proud of. I make my way back to my seat as the presentations continue.

Ms Bustier: Now we'll hear from Sabrina's father, a policeman. Officer Roger.

Roger is a large man in a blue police uniform, with a whistle hanging from his neck. He has pale skin and short orange hair that pokes out from under his police hat.

Roger: I've been a police officer for 15 years and I firmly believe that every citizen is innocent until proven guilty

Chloe: My bracelet! It's gone!

Everyone turns to Chloe as she begins screaming.

Chloe: I had it just a second ago.

She then gasps and points an accusatory finger towards Marinette.

Chloe: You! You stole it!

Marinette: Wait, what? What are you talking about?

Chloe: You purposefully tripped on my bag so you could steal my bracelet!