Chapter 3: Attack of the Pigeons, the Debut of Suneater

y/n POV

It's been a few days since I was akumatized and I've learned to get along with almost everyone. Chloe is still an issue and Kim intimidates me a bit. Adrien, Nino and I have become good friends though. We even have a running joke that I could model alongside Adrien. Right now, we're all sitting in Ms. Bustiers classroom as the principal, Mr. Damocles, tells us about a fashion design contest happening in our class. Principal Damocles is a large man with amber eyes. He has large, hairy black eyebrows and beard that's almost exactly the same, except it's grey and black. He also has a modest mustache.

 He also has a modest mustache

Mr. Damocles: Now students, you'll have one day to work on your fashion piece, which must be your own, original design. In ten hours the end products will all be judged by famed fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste, father of our own student, Adrien Agreste. In fact, Adrien will be modelling the winner's design in his next big photoshoot. Now it's time to announce this year's theme, derby hats!

I don't really pay much attention to any of this, as I don't plan on entering. I'm not much good at things like this. Class ends and I walk by Marinette and Alya, the former of the two looking a bit panicky as she flips through her book of designs.

y/n: Hey guys, what's up?

Alya: Marinette is totally freaking out because she doesn't have a design for a derby hat.

Marinette: Oh, not like it matters anyway! I'll make a complete fool of myself at the event, probably trip over my stupid hat and fall into Adrien's father. That'll give him a full blown concussion, and he'll be sent to the hospital and Adrien will never want to speak to me ever again!!! I'll never be a world renowned fashion designer, my life is over.

Marinette then falls to her knees and hangs her head.

y/n: Hey don't talk like that!

I flinch, not meaning to be that loud.

y/n: I m-mean, it's not like I've seen any of y-your designs, b-but if anyone can make a g-great derby hat, it'd b-be you.

Alya: Yeah girl, have more confidence in yourself. Let me see your sketch pad, there's got to be something in here.

Marinette hands her sketch book to Alya, and I decide to observe from the side. As we look through her book, Adrien walks up to us.

Adrien: Wow Alya, I never knew you were such a great designer.

Alya: Thanks Adrien, but I can't take the credit. These sick designs all belong to Marinette. They're totally wicked, aren't they?

Alya gestures to Marinette, who's attempting to hide behind a bench. That one doesn't work, that's why I never tried it when I was younger. Marinette peeks her head out and waves. That's right, Marinette has a huge crush on Adrien, at least, that's what I've been told.