Chapter 1: Getting Used to Paris, Akuma Alert

y/n POV

I wake up to my second day in Paris and my mom is calling out for me.

m/n: y/n, come here please.

y/n: Sure thing mom.

I go downstairs, not bothering to change out of my pajamas to see what mom wants. She's seated at the table and is reading what looks to be documents.

y/n: Hey mom, what's up?

m/n: Not much, just letting you know that I've officially enrolled you in a school nearby and you'll be starting tomorrow.

y/n: S-School?! I can't do that, it'll only be my third day here. Sure I can't have more time to adjust?

m/n: Sweetie, you need to go to school, and the sooner the better.

y/n: Yeah, I know.

I look down and check my phone, to see it's 9:00. I've got to meet Marinette in an hour?!?

y/n: Oh no, I need breakfast!

m/n: Why all the rush y/n?

y/n: No reason, just meeting someone.

m/n: Is it that girl from last night~?

y/n: S-s-sorry, gotta get ready!

I quickly throw some pancakes in the toaster for breakfast, which takes around 15-20 minutes to make and  eat. I then shower, brush my teeth and get dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans, a white T-shirt and a grey hoodie. I make sure to grab my earmuffs as well. I look down at my phone to see I have fifteen minutes to get to Marinette's.

y/n: Bye, mom. I'll be out for a while.

m/n: Have fun, don't do anything too crazy.

y/n: M-mom!

I then quickly close the door and begin speed walking to the park. I then feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, and pull it out to check it. There's a message from Marinette.

Marinette (M): Hey, just wanted to clarify where we're meeting. Does the park near my house work for you?

I slow my pace and type back a response.

y/n (M): Sure, as long as it's no trouble for you.

She quickly types back a reply.

Marinette (M) Great! I'll meet you there.

y/n (M): Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes.

I put my phone away and continue my walk to the park. A few minutes pass and I arrive at the park and take a seat on one of the benches. I hope she gets here soon, because it feels like everyone is staring at me. I can't deal with this. I check my phone.

y/n: It's 10:05, where is she?

Don't panic Amajiki. Maybe she's just running late, maybe she's just caught up in something and is on her way now. Or maybe she's going to ditch me. What if she takes a video of me sitting her all by myself, and posts it all over the internet and then I'll be a laughingsto-

Marinette: Y/N!!!

I'm pulled out of my thoughts and turn around to see Marinette running at me, looking surprisingly out of breath. I stand up and meet her halfway.

y/n: H-hi Marinette. You look l-like tired, d-did you run her or s-something?

Marinette: Kinda, because I slept in on accident and then I didn't want to be late so I got ready really fast and sort of tripped on my way over and then I basically ran here, which doesn't seem like much, but you'd be surprised.