Chapter 6

Atlanta Morris was the new scientist.

She had been hired less than a month ago, and was immediately dragged into a flurry of chaos.

She had been developing a solution to mutate humans into Lunars to equalize the population and supernatural bioelectric activity rates.

Upon realization that the human race might be advancing, Levana was furious. She had immediately sent her best thaumaturges to go and capture the girl.

Atlanta had only been 17.

It was a calm, cool Tuesday night when the Lunars had arrived.

Atlanta had been studying. She had recently gotten into a beautiful new university just out of the city limits.

She had visited the university in the spring, and then, the cherry blossoms were blooming. She had been painting a girl with cherry blossom hair. It was quite beautiful, but only half finished. The painting needed more color.

Though Atlanta was a science major, she had always been born an artist. She often dreamed of solutions and elixirs through her paintings, and worked hard to achieve her goal. She had been working on her Lunar solution for years now, from a painting of Levana. At least, how she had imagined Levana. She had actually seen her, but imagined her as a beautiful queen.

Atlanta was different. She didn't fear the Lunars. She had actually feared the humans sometimes. But she never told anyone.

The door had burst open, ruining Atlanta's train of thought.

"STARS! UGH! YOU COMPLETELY RUINED MY CONSTELLATION OF-" Atlanta's eyes widened. This was not someone she knew. This was a different person.

She wasn't the thaumaturge that she had seen on the news. Levana had found an even prettier one.

She had the smoothest, shiniest caramel hair that swept down to the backs of her knees. The breeze flowing through the window hit her hair, blowing it into a perfect arc. Her eyes were a rainbow of blues and teals and browns and golds.

"I'm assuming you're Atlanta. Atlanta Morris?" She said. Her voice drawled, but was crystal clear and pure, like a stream hitting rocks.

"Yes. Yes I am." Atlanta said very quietly.

"You're coming with us." She said, her voice steely and hard.

"Wait, where are we going?"

"It's you, or you're brother is joining the Special Operatives. Choose. Now," Her voice whispered downwards, and Atlanta gulped. Not Andrew. Not Andrew. He couldn't join the special operatives. He was crippled. He was weak. He was too strong to fight.