Chapter 10

Cinder stopped, would-be tears immediately springing to her eyes. She took a step further.

"Stop. Cinder. Stay away from me. It's too dangerous," there were spots of blood on his neck like little blood red beads.

"Kai," Cinder's voice split. The hem of his shirt dipped down a little, revealing a bruise on his collarbone. A lock of hair fell into his eyes. His skin was pale.

"Ka... KAI!" Cinder shrieked, tears falling from her eyes. She was frozen in place, her hands shaking, her legs threatened to give out. She took one more staggering step, toward Kai, and he cringed back.

"Cinder, stop, you'll catch it too. It'll just hurt you," he replied.

"No. No. No."

Cinder staggered forward, her knees breaking out under her at Kai's feet.

"Kai, you can't leave me. Stop it."

Kai flinched back from her.

"Cinder, get away from me. Do you know how much it hurts? How much pain it causes me to be around you? To know that you being near me could kill you? That I might have murdered my own girlfriend?" Kai demanded. Tears sprang to his eyes.

"Kai,"

"Get me off this ship. I'm just dangerous to everyone. I'm just going to kill all of you,"

Cinder stood up.

"No. If someone dies, we'll all die together. This isn't happening. I won't allow it, and Princess Selene Blackburn of Luna, the rightful heir of the Lunar throne will let Levana rampage Earth and take it in her claws if you dare get off this ship."