Chapter 16 + Author's Note

You're probably realizing or extremely confused, because I posted a bonus chapter last Friday (chapter 15). That's because I intend on posting 600 word isn segments per uploading day, and seeing that I only posted around 300 words, I wanted to post another 300 word segment. I took time to write it that day, but didn't want to combine the chapters, because it would delay the upload.

So, you guys got two chapters.

I also hit 1k views on my page?!?! SQUEAK.

THANK YOU!!!

As a reward, I am recording my fanfiction as an audio series, so that you guys can experience what I imagine the characters to sound like. Though, the male characters' voices will be REALLY inaccurate. 

And also, shoutout to anyone who watches Ouran High School Host Club and understands my 'Lady' Eclaire mention from last week. 

I've also been working on making my own swear words for the lunar era, kind of like the Glader slang from the Maze Runner. But some swear words just can't be replaced. 

So, back to the story.

Atlanta shrieked as the whip came cracking down on her back. Now, not only was her back raw, her throat felt raw, too. She screamed in pain, as the thaumaturge whipped her, grinning. 

Her vision went black and blue, stars blinking in and out of a haze. Her vision went dark before the seventeenth strike. 

The whole room was silent, Scarlet's chest heaving up and down. Even Jacin had stopped fighting against the chains. Scarlet's hair was a mess, and there were guards trying to pull her out of the room. She turned back and sneered at them. Her eyes were glaring, and fiery, the brown heated with anger until they were almost red. The guards released her and stepped back. 

"YOU," She snarled, pointing a finger at Jacin. "You BLOODY BASTARD! You knew all along, DID YOU?!" She slammed an arm against the barred door. 

"YOU! You dirty, lying, cruel glitch!" Scarlet shrieked. She stormed straight of to Levana, not a hint of fear on her face, and clasped her hand across her throat. The glamour flickered. 

"Release me, now, or face the consequences." Levana said, her voice steady. Her glamour released again. 

Scarlet's fingernails dug into Levana's skin. 

"I'm not scared of your petty little consequences." Scarlet hissed, and slammed her against the back of the cell room. 

Scarlet could feel the uncontrollable rage coursing through her spine, and branching off into her blood. 

"Winter, run, run as fast as you can and find whatever way that you can to find a way to contact the rampion. Quickly," Scarlet hissed, and Winter scampered to the other side of the room, plucking the knife from the wall. 

"I might need this," Winter grinned, and skipped off, humming. Scarlet snarled. But there was something wrong, and she hadn't realized that she had walked into a trap until she was fully entangled in it. 

Levana laughed, a sharp, cruel sound that raised the hairs on the back of Jacin's neck. 

Half the palace could hear Jacin's screams for Winter to run, but it was too late. The walls had started bleeding again, and this time, everyone could see it. 

Including Atlanta. 

Atlanta thought that it was a hallucination, when blood dripped down the walls, trickling down the floor to touch her fingertips. She shrieked. She was chained to a hallway, unable  to move any farther than three feet. The man, Ze'ev, she thought his name was. He didn't bother to fight against the chains. He had lost so much blood. He was near dead already, as was she. She wondered what was brewing in the Lunar Labs, today. She hadn't been able to go to the labs for a while now, even though it was her job to supervise the making of Lunar hormones. 

Then suddenly, Ze'ev jumped awake.