6. The Effects of Lust

I took a few wary steps back, "Ah, good wolfie."

I didn't know why I was communicating to him like he was some kind of wild beast but the look in his eyes wasn't the kind of look that elicited warm tummy flutters in my belly.

He appraised me in a way that forced my survival instincts to surface.

Jamison slowly rose. There was tension in his jaw as he watched me silently in the dark.

I glanced at the door, calculating how long it would take for me to reach it.

Would I even have a chance?

I was fast but Jamison was no doubt, faster.

As if sensing my rogue thoughts, Jamison prowled towards me on quiet feet. I turned on my heels and attempted to swerve around his body, but he was quicker, catching me by the waist with one extended arm and pressing me up against the wall with an ease that equally impressed and freaked me out.

I barely made sense of his movements until it was too late.

I gasped as he snuggled his face into the side of my neck, drawing a long inhale that made me flush with a tinge of embarrassment.

"What the hell are you doing?" I pushed against his shoulders. He was impossible to move. His weight barely budged as my fingers dug into the meaty side of his frame.

"My wolf can't seem to back away." Jamison said against my skin. That particular spot warmed from his breath as he spoke.

"Jamison, with all due respect, get a hold of your wolf, or I'm kicking you between the legs. This is my first and final warning."

Instead of taking my threat seriously, Jamison chuckled lightly as if I was simply amusing him and not contemplating the move to temporarily immobolise him. He raised his hands, flattening his palms just above my head. His hair brushed my forehead, leaving a tickling sensation.

"Alright, you asked for this." I lifted my knee, ready to deliver a lethal blow to the family jewels.

I should've known Jamison would find a way around my planned attack. As soon as I lifted my leg, Jamison took the opportunity to slide an arm beneath my thigh and guide it around his hip. I flinched, unprepared by the swift movement. I gritted my teeth and raised my other leg. Jamison had no qualms, lifting my thigh and pressing it against the other side of his hip until I was curled around him.

"Jamison-"

He pushed forward until I was pinned against the wall with no space to move.

If anyone caught sight of us, they'd think we were locked in a passionate lover's embrace.

"Let me go." I demanded.

"My wolf is going crazy." He admitted, as if in a drunk induced haze.

I froze as Jamison slowly guided his lips down the side of my neck. I was painfully aware of the velvet texture of his lips dipping lower until they skimmed across my collarbone in light, barely there touches.

When he stilled, I took a fistful of his hair and forced his gaze on mine. He didn't so much as flinch under my touch. In fact, the move seemed to spark an interest in his eyes. "Just what do you think you're doing Jamison?" I asked so quietly, one could've mistakenly my tone for pure seduction.

A tremble travelled through his body. He hunched over as he balled his fists. I could feel the heat travel through his body as he  battled another wave of unfiltered desire.

"Put me down. Now." I instructed.

Rather than listen to me, he rested his searing hot forehead against my chest and breathed deep that his chest decompressed from the force of it.  I released my hold on his hair and held his shoulders. Tension hardened the lines of his body but with each, measured breath he took, I felt his frame soften little by little beneath my fingertips.