Chapter 1: Taken

APOLLO ||

I remember the very moment that my life changed for the worse.

I'd just turned 23. It was the night of my coronation. I'd just challenged my father for the title of Alpha of the Blood River pack.

Everyone was so proud of me. I was proud of me.

My parents were beaming with pride. My bestfriend and soon to be Beta, Kyrie was beaming. My brother and sister were beaming. The entire pack was beaming.

We were the largest, most respected, most feared and wealthiest pack that bordered the Blood River and because of this, the surrounding four packs came to my coronation to see who they would be partnered with for things that were needed in the present and future.

Due to our wealth and expansive territory, the surrounding packs often came to us for the things they needed when the Kingdom just couldn't accommodate as quickly as they needed.

Our partnership was crucial to the surrounding pack's survivals, so they were thrilled to meet me and welcome me into leadership of my pack.

Our lands were flooded with hundreds of wolves. More than I could count. More than you could see with the naked eye.

I didn't see his face at first.

. . . But I found his scent.

It hit me like a freight train. His pheromones blaring before they crashed into me as I stood still on the tracks of their presence.

My body moved on its own accord that night, pushing through the hundreds of wolves that were all celebrating my leadership.

I remember spotting three men. I don't know which pack they belonged to. I only saw the backs of their heads but they were dragging a younger male into the treeline.

That male was my mate.

There was no mistaking that.

He was mine, he was Goddess given and they were harming him as his muffled screams could be heard through the night sky.

I couldn't get to him fast enough. There were just too many wolves, but I tried. I pushed and pushed and pushed. I commanded my pack to step aside, I harmed members of the other packs all to try and get to my mate.

But it was loud and the territory was full of celebration. My anger and my mate's pleas were falling on deaf ears.

My heart nearly dropped as I lost sight of them in the treeline. My body still very much trapped in the swarm of pack members, both mine and others.

By the time I got to the treeline, I knew it was too late but I tried with all my power to find him.

But he was gone. . . And so were the other two males.

I ran through the forests that night. The entire forest. I ran and I ran and I ran, searching for my mate, feeling for his distress, his pain, his fear. . .

My wolf, Slade had to take over because I just couldn't take it anymore and my body was exhausted.

Slade pushed himself as hard as he could, following our mate's scent until it led to the end of the Blood River that flowed into the Barren Lake.

We couldn't find it. . . It was gone but we weren't out of the woods yet because it only took moments before our rage turned into a gut wrenching sorrow.

It felt like someone had ripped pieces of me and forced me to endure a slow and agonizing death. Each shard of flesh tearing with the loss of my mate's soul to mine.

Someone had forced their mark onto my Goddess given mate.

Someone had wrongfully claimed the man that was bound to my soul.

That was nine years ago.

And I haven't stopped looking for him since. . . No matter how long it took, no matter what I had to do, I would find him and bring him home.

I would find him, set him free and claim the soul that's rightfully mine.

____________________________________

What are we thinking about Chapter 1? It's a short one, I know but that's because this will be a shorter story. Each chapter will be between 500-1000 words in the beginning and gradually get longer as the story goes on.

Thoughts on this one??

Share them all and thanks so much for reading,

As always, the first few chapters will be available on Wattpad and then will continue on my Ream account and Kindle Unlimited for publishing!