Chapter 2: Pain

NOAH ||

The whip slices through the air, connecting with my back. A searing pain radiates through every nerve of my body as an agonizing scream cuts through right after.

"Twenty." I heave out as I hear him drop the whip to the concrete floor of the dungeon.

My body gives out seconds later, slumping into the wall in front of me that I'm chained to as I hear him approach me from behind.

My body lights up with a newfound pain when he places his hand against the shredded flesh of my back.

The punishments are never deserved. They're never welcomed, but what else can I do except endure them?

This is my life and it has been for the last nine years. Wrongfully claimed by an Alpha that was never mine. Wrongfully claimed by an Alpha who I was sure wasn't my fated mate.

"Do well to mind your tongue the next time you address, mate." He sneers from behind me as his grip is almost brutal against my skin.

I close my eyes and grit my teeth, trying everything in my power not to give him the satisfaction of any more of me.

Not even my pain. He doesn't deserve it. He never did.

A relieved breath escapes me when his hand falls from my back. I hear his footsteps against the concrete floor heading towards the metal door, engraved with silver to prevent anyone else from coming in here. . . or even scenting me out to help me.

"I'll be back tonight for you, mate," My Alpha, my mate growls before I hear the dungeon door open. "I'm going to leave you in those chains for the rest of the day. Maybe then you'll mind your manners around me."

With that, I hear the door close and his scent wafts out of the dark and dingy dungeon that I've called home for the last nine years.

As darkness falls on the dungeon again, I lean my forehead against the wall in front of me and think back to a time when I was once free. I think back to my family and the friends I used to know. I wonder what my parents would look like now. I wonder how big my sister and brother were. I wonder who took over the pack as acting Beta while I've been here.

Was anyone looking for me? Had they ever? Did they just assume I left that coronation and never came back? Willingly? Did anyone notice that I was gone?

What happened to the Alpha I laid eyes on all those years ago? His face still graces my heart everytime I think back to him.

Mate. . . That's what my wolf, Tex had said back then. Back before he faded away and has yet to come back to me. I can feel him, sometimes I hear him but he doesn't speak much anymore. Not since he's realized help would never come for us.

We would probably be stuck here until the end of our days which wouldn't be long considering what the Alpha has been doing to us.

We've been deprived of the Full Moon. We can't heal this way. In the dark. All alone. We need the light, fresh air, companionship that wasn't just in the form of the wounded or presumed dead that the Alpha and his Beta would bring down here for us to heal.

Moon blessed. That was a joke really. I felt anything but that. And yet here I am, a rarity to this world. A healer that's been wrongfully marked, claimed by an Alpha who isn't mine and forced to live out my life in a dark cellar until he needs me.

It's no way to live. I know that. Goddess knows that. But what could I do except just accept it?

This is my life now. It has been for the last nine years and if I'm lucky, it won't be for much longer.

Maybe that Alpha would find me before I die or maybe, I'll end up passing without ever knowing his name.

____________________________________

Want to read further? Follow me on Ream. This is a new short story only available there for all Tiers & followers to read!

There's a link in my BIO to my account and step by step instructions on how to get the app if you have an IPhone!

I hope you all enjoyed this little sneak peek. I appreciate you reading Apollo & Noah's beginning and if you join or follow my Ream account, I'll see you there!

Byeeeeeeeee!!