Chapter 4

APOLLO ||

Pack meetings weren't necessarily my favorite things to do, but they were necessary. If Lorenzo and I didn't make sure we had a weekly meeting, things wouldn't get done around here.

Four hundred wolves, their well-beings and needs are our responsibility. It's a heavy duty but it's one we both take seriously.

"Here you go, Alpha."

Grabbing the clipboard from my Gamma, Liz, I look over what needs to be addressed at this week's meeting.

"Alright, before I start delegating tasks, I want to read off our pack's needs that have been reported and if anything needs to be added, please just raise your hand and let me know what needs to be addressed."

My brows pull tight when I flip the first page only to see a second completely filled with reports made by pack members.

"The current needs listed are as follows. According to our Omegan leader, Fallon, our pack daycare needs to be expanded. We need two extra buildings to accommodate for all of the new pups that need care while their parents are working. Currently we have one building but Fallon and the other daycare workers would prefer to have a separate building for each age. This is for safety and security reasons. Is that right?"

I look up to see my Omegan leader, Fallon standing at the head of the pack nodding her head with a smile.

"Yes, Alpha," She confirms. "but I'd like to specify that the age groups we would like to change would be pups between 6 weeks and 1 years old in one building. 2 years old to 4 years old in the second building. And the third building would be for after school care for pups between the ages of 5 years and 12 years old."

I nod, loving that addition. It made sense to separate the pups by age and abilities versus having one large daycare building with smaller separate rooms.

"Would you need extra staff for this expansion?" I ask, glancing down at the paperwork. "I see here we only have seven daycare workers."

"Yes Alpha," Fallon says. "According to the new Laws, all daycare facilities must have one teacher per every ten pups. Right now, we would need five more teachers, but if even more pups join the daycare facilities, we will need to adhere to the laws with that and hire even more staff."

I've always like Fallon. She transferred to our pack about a year ago. She used to be this timid little thing who was mistreated by her previous Alpha but now she stands tall and proud. And speaks loud and clear, not a timid bone in her body. Not that she needed to be now. My Omegas fear nothing and no rank. There was no need for it and she knew that here.

Without her, our daycare facility wouldn't be as secure and amazing as it is now.

"Ok," I nod, looking over the clearing at all the shining faces. I knew majority of our Omegas didn't enjoy heavy lifting or physical labor, so this seemed perfect the ones looking for new positions. "Would anyone like to interview for the open positions and all positions moving forward once the construction is complete?"

My brows shoot up. If my calculations were correct, at least 75 members were raising their hands right now. A mix of Omegas, Betas and Alpha blood alike. No Gamma blood members but that's to be expected. They usually liked the heavy lifting, physically demanding jobs or to stick with warrior duties.

"Well this is perfect," Lorenzo steps up and I appreciate it when he looks over the paperwork with me. "Fallon, Alpha Apollo and I give you and the daycare staff permission to host your own interviews these next coming weeks for the positions you need filled."

Fallon bows her head especially. "Thank you, Alpha. Thank you, Beta." Then she takes a step back to mix in within the pack.

"You're welcome," It's Lorenzo that says it this time as his eyes glance over my shoulder at the paperwork.