forty three

this chapter contains a panic attack, marked with *** before and after the sections

a few weeks later

Y/N's POV

the last few weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions. travelling the world alongside stray kids for their world tour has been incredible. seeing so much of the world is something i never thought would happen, and to have them by my side made it even more perfect than imaginable.

i asked my mom for the places my aunt visited and dreamt to visit, and went in her memory. stray kids members came along with me when they could.

the funeral also happened when i had time off, so i was able to travel back to mourn her. felix came with me, he supported me a lot which i was so grateful for. i don't know how i would have coped without him.

not only was he a massive support to me, he was so loving and kind to my cousins and my mom. it was lovely to see just how kind and friendly he is to everyone, even if the circumstances are horrible.

we made our way to paris a few days after the funeral. felix and i spent the following days with my family. in that time we went out to busy ourselves and to get away from the occasional chaos that would occur with my younger cousins.

felix also met my brother vernon over the time we were there, which was crazy to say the least. mom joked that i was introducing my boyfriend and vernon actually believed for a while her even after we both denied it!

stray kids were all preparing for their concert later today. i sat around reading books ava watched while they rehearsed until it was time to their makeup in a few hours.

i heard some of the other makeup artists chattering away... almost gossiping? i thought i even saw one of them point at me. i looked over at them with a stare and when they noticed my gaze they all hushed themselves very quickly. i know that all the other makeup artists don't talk to me so much because i'm closer to stray kids, but this wasn't normal. i decided to walk over to them to find out what was going on.

"what's happening? were you all talking about me?" i asked and they all frantically looked at each other.

"no no! nothing honestly" one of them answered nervously.

"we were just... looking for you! and then we saw you so it's fine!" another said and they all agreed.

"i'm gonna call bullshit on that because you never care that much for where i am" i said bluntly. "so what's going on?" i asked harshly.

"there's a dating rumour between you and felix... we were going to ask if it's true"

i was stunned... where the fuck did this come from?! i tried to calm myself down to the best of my ability, hoping it was just between jyp staff.

"it's not true" i said, "where did this rumour even start?" i asked and one of them opens her phone.

"dispatch" she said and my heart dropped.

dispatch released an article containing pictures of me and felix... and my aunt's funeral?!

a mixture of anxiety and anger filled my body. how the FUCK did they get pictures there and why on earth did they think it was okay?

these pictures were of me crying into felix's shoulder at my aunt's funeral... now mine and felix's careers are bound to be hanging in the balance.

*** i ran off and hid myself backstage, i was going to have yet another panic attack. i made the biggest mistake of going online and reading the mixture of support and hate flooding in from the article.

now it's going to have to be denied by jyp... and even though we aren't together, it hurts. don't fall for an idol i guess...

i cried to myself and panicked over what was going to happen to us, when i heard loud, fast footsteps rushing towards me.

"y/n! what's wrong?" felix asked, crouching down to me on the floor and putting his hand on my knee.

i couldn't respond to him so he calmed me down using his usual grounding methods. it helped a lot but it didn't stop me crying. he stood me up and quickly went on his phone.

*** "i just messaged the others that we're going to leave for a little while, i want you to feel better so we're going to clear our heads okay?" he said and i nodded. we quietly got ready to leave and we took a taxi into the the heart of paris. we were quite far from the concert venue but not too far to not get back in time.

we grabbed hot chocolates and found a nice bench in a park. the scenery was just beautiful as the sun was beginning to set and the lights were turning on. both of us took it all in, and then began to take pictures of each other and the scenery.

"so, what was wrong earlier?" he asked, turning his full attention to me.

"it's a huge thing, i need you to prepare yourself" i said and he nodded.

"as long as i've got you i'm prepared for anything" he said with a small smile and i looked away trying and failing to not be flustered.

"dispatch took pictures of us at the funeral... they posted them and began a dating rumour" i said to him and his face was blank.

"i'm sorry what the fuck?" he said angrily and i looked down.

"i'm sorry-"

"no you have nothing to apologise for" he said quickly. "why the fuck would they do that? that's such a private moment of yours that they just disregarded"

"i don't know, but we need to let jyp know to deny it before your reputation is destroyed. i'm so sorry felix" i said breaking down in tears, he pulled me in for a tight hug and after quite a while we broke apart.

"y/n i need to talk to you about something" he said and i nodded, ready to listen to every word.