Ch 7. Picnic

[Art is not made by me]

I SWEAR I'M ALIVE- just didn't have as much motivation to write as I did in the beginning. But I do indeed have a pulse still :]

Narrator/no ones's POV:

It was late in the evening as Frank and Julie were walking along a well paved path through the woods. Julie wore a sunny yellow dress that flowed just above her knees with delicate details whilst Frank wore a matching vest over a white dress shirt and a satchel wrapped around their shoulder. Julie skipped along Frank's side while swinging a picnic basket in hand filled with all of the supplies they'll need for this great evening.

"I'm glad you finally agreed to come on a picnic! This will be so much fun you know. We can play all sorts of fun games!" Julie chirped with excitement. "Mhm." Frank replied, keeping their eyes glued to the path in front of them. "Sooo... What made you change your mind hmmm?" Julie questioned Frank although pretty much knowing why, she just didn't want to give it away. Frank paused, glancing at Julie with a confused look. "What do you mean? I just think this is a lovely evening to go out with a friend." Frank huffed, crossing their arms over their chest before continuing their walk. "Suurree..." Julie teased.

"I have no idea what you are talking about Julie." Frank sighed. Before Julie could make a comeback they had arrived at their destination. It was a calm meadow with a lone willow tree sat in the distance. The willow tree's branches swayed with the light breeze in the air, providing the perfect shade. The pair walked over to the willow tree, Frank laying a blanket on the ground before both of them sat down. 

Julie started to unpack her picnic basket, taking out small dishes and silverware and placing them down neatly. "How much did you pack-? We're only going to be out here for a few hours." Frank said whilst flipping out a book from their satchel. "Whaaaat? Can't a gal be a bit extra?" Julie giggled. Frank replied with a shallow sigh before turning their book's pages.

"So-..." Julie spoke up.

"What, Julie?" Frank groaned.

"What about you and Eddie?"

Frank Frankly's POV:

I jolted at Julie's sudden question, looking up from my book and giving her a stern stare. "Eddie just visited my house yesterday and asked how I was doing before we went on our merry ways, nothing else to it." I responded. "Oh you got to be kidding me Frank!" Julie wailed, "Are you and Eddie the only ones who are completely oblivious to your guy's tension between you two?! Everyone else sees it and yet you two keep denying it." She'd frown, quirking her brow at me. I sat there, stunned by this concept that Julie suddenly threw onto me. "Julie what on earth are you talking about- Nothing is going on between me and Eddie!" I'd stutter, clutching the book against my chest.

"Admit it Frank." Julie rose up, tapping her foot whilst looking down at me with her arms crossed. "Okay fine! Maybe Eddie took me to this lovely field and It was honestly really pretty. But, when I turned around I saw Eddie... looking at me weirdly. I don't know how to describe it but when I looked back at him I felt this weird.. feeling. To be honest, I've been feeling this for days now and I don't know what it is. A-And I just catch myself looking at him longer than I would usually." I'd sputter out rapidly, fiddling with my fingers. "I'm not sick, am I?!" I'd ask desperately, looking up at Julie.

"Oh Frank..." Julie sighed, a sad look upon her face as she crouched down and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You're sick."

"Sick?!"

"Lovesick, silly!" She smiled, giggling as she gave me a slight shove.

"LOVESICK?!" I screeched. No, certainly not! Julie started bawling out laughing and rolling on the ground. "This is not a laughing matter, Julie!" I'd shout. "Okay but you have to admit.. it was kind of funny. You should have seen your face, Frankie!" Julie giggled and pointed a finger at me. "Oh my stars!!! I swear you're just trying to push my buttons, Julie Joyful!" I'd angrily reply, feeling my head start to spin before Julie placed her hands over my cheeks to prevent it from happening. "Whoa, calm down Frank! I'm only teasing you." She chuckled softly. I'd let out an irritated sigh, laying my book in my lap before grabbing Julie's wrists and taking her hands off of my face.

"Are you sure?" I spoke with uncertainty.

"About what?"

"Do you really think I- love- Eddie?" I asked Julie. I merely hated the though of loving another person but Eddie? It's not that he's a bad guy... it's just that what could there be anything in common between us? I've been perfectly fine by myself, happily single and living my life alone for years. I'm just not the person to... love.

"Oh Frank... I'm not cupid am I? That's for you to decide. Either way, I'll still be here for you. Your forever wingman if you will!" Julie replied, breaking me from my haunting thoughts as she bumped her elbow into my shoulder. A small smile pulled at the corners of my mouth.

"Thanks, Julie."

(Total word count: 924)

Your beloved author is back! Sorry for the inconstant posts, It's just that my motivation keeps fluctuating which is why this chapter is a bit short. But hopefully I can get the next chapter out soon to y'all! -TiKi <3