We Know The Way

Third Person P.O.V

Ari flips open the sail, causing the boat to jerk and halt. He grunts and flies forward, catching himself with his hands on both sides of the boat's edges and nearly toppling over (Y/N).

She caught herself, luckily, with a yelp, Pua falling backwards from the force and squealing.

Ari glances up to check on her, his eyes widening with (Y/N)'s as their noses nearly touch.

He quickly leans back while clearing his throat nervously, rubbing his neck while (Y/N) fixes her hair with flushed cheeks.

"You... ah, um-- Okay?" Ari asks after a moment, (Y/N) rapidly nodding as her eyes flicker from Ari to the ocean.

"Yep! Yeah, um... You?" She slowly replies, setting Pua upright again as he smiles happily up at her.

"T--Totally, yeah." He stammers back, taking in a deep breath and exhaling as he fixes the rope. "We can do this."

(Y/N) nods once, looking out on the horizen line. "There's more fish out there. More beyond the reef..."

Ari grins, the sail adjusting to the wind and the boat sailing quicker. Pua squeals softly, (Y/N) holding the side of the boat for support as they pass over a wave.

"Not too bad, Ari." (Y/N) teases, glancing back at him with a smile. "I knew you could-- look out!"

Ari looks up, swiftly ducking as the sail suddenly jerks to the right over his head. (Y/N) ducks to avoid it as well, the once calm breeze suddenly changing into a more violent wind.

(Y/N) and Ari's eyes widen as the wave ahead becomes larger, the water seeming to become more aggressive the further they went.

"Brace!" Ari shouts, the waters crashing onto them.

He moves his now wet hair from his face, coughing lightly from swallowing some of the water.

"(Y/N)?"

His eyes widen as he looks up, (Y/N) no longer on the boat.

"(Y/N)!"

"I'm here!" (Y/N) shouts, followed by coughing as she struggles to stay afloat.

Pua squeals from behind her, making her look back with wide eyes. "Pua!" She cries out, swimming towards him as he whines.

"Hold on, I'm coming!" Ari shouts, setting down the oar and preparing himself to jump into the water.

His ears catch the sound of more waves, making him pause and look back in horror at the massive wall of water coming their way.

It slams against the three, destroying the boat in an instant and taking Ari down under. He quickly regains himself, diving down and scooping Pua up before bursting through the surface with a loud gasp.

(Y/N) emerges a moment later, moving the hair from her face as she starts swimming over to the two. Ari sets Pua on a floating piece of wood, turning to (Y/N) in relief before gasping as the main piece of boat rams against the side of her head.

She goes under as he yells out her name, (Y/N) attemtping to shake the dizziness away as she lands on the ocean floor.

The waves continue to crash against her, forcing her body back when she tries to rise. The waves finally halt for a moment, giving her the chance to escape.

(Y/N) tries to swim up, grunting when she doesn't move. She looks down, panic in her eyes as her hands move to her foot stuck in the coral.

She struggles against it, jumping as Ari lightly touches her cheek to calm her. Bubbles emerge from his mouth as he grits his teeth, trying to pry the coral from the floor. It doesn't work, making him look around with narrowed eyes.