How Far We'll Go (Reprise)

...

Third Person P.O.V

(Y/N) stands next to Ari, grabbing his arm with a small gasp as the visions stop. The torches behind them go out with a strong breeze, Ari's gaze focused on the sail.

"Ari?" She questions in concern, lightly shaking his arm. "Hello?"

(Y/N) waves her hand in front of his face, snapping him out of his daze as his face lights up.

"We were voyagers..." He breathes out, looking over the sail before shakily laughing. "We were voyagers!"

Ari laughs, (Y/N) yelping with laughter in her voice as he picks her up by the waist and twirls her around.

"We were voyagers!"

"Yes! We were!"

"We were voyagers!" He continues yelling, setting her down and grabbing her hand as they run to the exit.

"Tala! We were voyagers!" (Y/N) shouts, slowing to a stop next to her as they exit.

Ari continues running from excitement, whooping and jumping up and down. "We were voyagers!"

Tala smiles as she watches him, a laugh escaping (Y/N) at his child-like actions. He skids to a stop, turning back to the two and rushing over.

"Why'd we stop?"

Tala's smile falls, her gaze shifting to the sea as she scowls. "Maui."

...

Maui smirks at the heart in his palm, the green glow lighting his face.

"When he stole from the mother island, darkness fell."

Te Ka appears, roaring at Maui.

"Te Ka awoke."

Dozens of monsters swim through the seas, nothing stopping them now. They spot voyager ships, darting to them.

"Monsters lurked and boats stopped coming back."

Ships were moved into the hidden cave past the waterfall for safety.

"To protect our people, the ancients chiefs forbid voyaging..."

Men hide the entrance with large rocks, grim expressions on their faces.

"And now we have forgotten who we are."

...

(Y/N) looks back to the cave, Ari's eyebrows furrowing as he looks towards the ground.

Tala's gaze hardens as she rises, slamming her cane on the floor, "and the darkness had continued to spread..."

She leads the two to the edge of the island, "chasing away our fish... Draining the life... From island after island."

(Y/N) gasps with wide eyes at the sight of an odd darkness traveling up the side of the island, slowly spreading.

"Our island..." Ari lowly says with wide eyes, Tala nodding and turning back to them with a smile.

"But, one day... two will journey beyond our reef, find Maui, deliver him across the great ocean..." Tala grabs Ari's hand, gently placing something in his palm. "To restore the heart of Te Fiti."

(Y/N) looks at the small green stone, lightly tracing her finger on it with recognition.

"I was there that day," Tala continues, tapping the stone. "The ocean chose you two together!"

The ocean begins to swirl, gently rising up and curving to meet the three as Ari gasps, (Y/N)'s eyes widening as she faintly recalls that day.

"I thought it was just my imagination..." Ari breathes out, the ocean seeming to wave to (Y/N).