Journey to Maui

when you realize the only thing that kept Tala alive that long was the heart ): so when she gave it to them she knew she would die 😭

....

...

Third Person P.O.V

The two follow the fish hook in the night, the waves calm and the breeze fair.

...

The sun was now high in the sky, Ari clearing his throat and taking in a deep breath as he practices what Tala told him to say.

"We are Ari and (Y/N) of Motunui. You will board our boat..." He grunts, pulling the rope as (Y/N) walks over and kneels next to him. "Sail across the sea, and restore the heart of Te Fiti!"

He stable the post, (Y/N) frantically grabbing the rope as it slips from his grasp. She ties it down, making him sigh in relief as he pushes some hair from his face.

"How was that?" Ari questions, (Y/N) humming in thought.

"Better. Stronger," she replies with a nod, Ari grinning triumphantly.

"Let me try again," he clears his throat, sighing deeply. "We are Ari and--"

A loud thud catches their attention, Ari pausing and raising a brow while (Y/N) slowly turns to the noise.

"... (Y/N) of Motu--"

Ari continues, another thud occuring and causing (Y/N) to jump lightly.

"--nui?"

As he utters the last part of the word another thud happens, the two looking at one another in confusion.

(Y/N) slowly moves closer to the under compartment, Ari grabbing the oar as a weapon and raising a brow as she peeks inside.

She shrieks and flies backwards, landing on her bum as Ari swings the oar back, startled.

"What the?" (Y/N) questions, placing a hand on her rapidly beating heart as she looks down at the half-coconut. "... Hei Hei?"

"No," Ari drags the word in disbelief, kneeling down and raising the coconut. He quickly slams it back down with wide eyes, "it is Hei Hei!"

"Wh-- I-- How?" (Y/N) stammers, Ari lifting the rooster out of the compartment and removing the coconut.

Hei Hei lightly bawks, looking between the two with quick movements before turning. He looks at the ocean, swiftly turning with a confused noise as he sees more ocean.

All around him was ocean, his eye twitching as he was silent for a moment before shrieking a loud caw.

(Y/N) and Ari both flinch at the sound, Ari placing the coconut back on Hei Hei's head.

The cawing stops, Ari and (Y/N) side eyeing one another with confused frowns. He raises it, Hei Hei screaming once more.

Ari places it back down, silencing the rooster and repeating this process once more.

"Hey, Hei Hei," (Y/N) greets in a soothing tone, Ari slowly lifting the coconut off his head. "You're all right."

"Yeah, see?" Ari grins, setting the coconut down. "There we go. Nice water," he demonstrates it was alright by placing his hand in the ocean.

(Y/N) nods in agreement. "Nothing to worry about. The ocean is our friend." 

Hei Hei bawks as he waddles around, walking right off the edge of the boat.

"Hei Hei!" (Y/N) gasps, his feet appearing a few meters from the boat.

"I got him!" Ari yells, quickly diving into the ocean and swimming to the rooster.