Maui's Past

Third Person P.O.V

Tamatoa tosses Maui in his mouth, Maui struggling to keep it opened.

"Hey!" (Y/N) yells, Tamatoa jumping and turning to the girl with a questioning grunt. "Is this shiny enough for ya?"

She raises the heart, Tamatoa spitting Maui out and staring at the girl with wide eyes.

"The heart of Te Fiti..." He whispers in disbelief before glaring at her. "You can't run from me!"

(Y/N) nervously smiles and waves, bolting the other way.

"Oh, you can." Tamatoa mumbles, "you keep surprising me!"

He chases after her, Maui quickly recovering and attempting to stop Tamatoa by grabbing his leg.

He was dragged, grunting in pain as he releases it.

"There's only so far you can get on those two little legs!" Tamatoa sneers, (Y/N) looking back and gasping.

Ari tackles her out of his path, (Y/N) dropping the stone as the two barrel around one another for a moment.

Tamatoa disregards them, chasing the stone as it falls into a crack. (Y/N) quickly sits up, smacking her forehead against Ari's on accident.

The two yelp, Ari holding his palm to his forehead and quickly rising and helping her up.

"The power of creation..."

(Y/N) rushes to Maui, Ari looking back at the hook and climbing up Tamatoa's leg.

"For a crustacean! Where is it? Where is it?!"

Ari grabs the hook, sliding down from the shell as (Y/N) helps Maui up.

"Let's go!" Ari yells, handing (Y/N) the hook.

They start to rush away, Ari allowing Maui to use him as support by putting his arm around his shoulder.

"Wait... What about the heart?" Maui manages out, limping lightly.

"He can have it," (Y/N) replies, struggling to carry the hook.

"We've got a better one," Ari grins, showing the real heart inside his necklace.

...

Tamatoa laughs maliciously as he grabs the stone, lifting it up.

"Yes! I have the..." He pauses, "wait a minute."

He sighs, inspecting the stone closer.

"I see. They've taken a barnacle and covered it in bioluminescent algae... as a diversion!" 

Tamatoa crushes the stone, turning to the three fleeing in a rage and pursuing.

He crashes through the wall, "come back here!"

Ari smirks, (Y/N) bracing herself and waving as they stand on a geyser. Tamatoa growls as he reaches them, the geyser going off and blasting him in his face.

"Cheeehooo!" (Y/N) and Ari laugh, mimicking Maui as they blast up and through the ocean.

Tamatoa had landed on his back, grunting as he struggles.

"Hey! ... Did you like the song?"

...

The three burst through the surface, Maui reaching and grabbing his hook. He shifts into multiple animals, (Y/N) and Ari yelling as they land on the shore.

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"Ow," I weakly groan, laying on my back on the sand.