Two.

(Trigger warning: mention of overdosing/suicide)

Meanwhile...

Luther Stickell and Benji Dunn got the same message. Luther called Benji and put him on speaker.

"Benji, you know what to do," Luther informed his friend.

"Of course i do. Same thing as always."

"Any update with her?"

The Brit sighed, "She's still under the radar, so she's safe for now. But Luther, you know what happened last time."

Luther stood up from his seat. "Don't remind me. I can't lose her. Not again."

"You know that she forgives you and she's safe. She knows how to fight for herself if she needs to."

Suddenly, there's a knock at the door. "Benji, are you at my door?"

"Uh, no? Why?"

"Someone just knocked at my front door. I'll check," he said, grabbing a knife from the kitchen. Opening the door an inch, Luther was prepared for a fight.

Ethan was standing in front of him. "Did you get my message?"

"Clearly not. Come in, Ethan. Benji's on speakerphone now."

"Speaker? Why isn't he here?"

'Oh boy', Luther thought to himself. 'This is going to be hard to explain.'

Benji chimed in. "Ethan, we were just talking about some...personal things to deal with before we continue."

The brown-haired man was curious now. "Personal things? What's going on, guys?"

There was a long pause. It was about ten seconds, but to Luther and Benji, it felt like thirty. "I'll let Luther fill you in."

"I had a younger brother. You know about him, about his death, but there's something you don't know," Luther informed Ethan. "He was KIA on a mission about fifteen years ago. Before that, he was married to a woman, Lisa Miller."

Ethan interrupted with a question. "Is that who you're 'protecting'?"

The taller man looked around uncomfortably, as if he didn't want anyone to know about this. "Not necessarily. Lisa had a child with another man before her ex left her. She met my brother at a coffee shop, then married him a few months later. I promised my brother that I would protect his wife and daughter.

"Five years after my brother passed, Lisa overdosed. Her daughter called me after finding her body. She left a note for me, apologizing for how she had left the world. Lisa was overwhelmed with grief and sadness overtook her.

"Lisa's daughter is in Minnesota. A safe house. Benji and I have helped her with money. She's been training herself for the last ten years."

Another short pause. "So, who is this? How old is she?" Ethan asked his friends.

Benji finally spoke up again. "She's twenty. This woman is impressive at a lot of things, including hacking and doing 'MacGyver-y' things."

"'MacGyver-y'?"

"Making something out of nothing. Huge science nerd. Loves to make 'trinkets'."

Ethan looked around the room, as if contemplating his next words. "Does she have a name?"

Luther put his hand on the table beside him. "Her name is Cameron. She's been off the grid for ten years and we plan on keeping it that way."

There was a slight pause, as if they were all thinking the same thing: Would they need the extra help?