Nine.

Now playing: Suite Bergamasque, L. 75: Clair de lune - Played by François-Joel Thoiller, originally by Claude Debussy.

Cameron was still unconscious when the paramedics arrived.

Benji felt like he was the reason it happened. He blamed himself. He could've noticed the car ahead of them. What happened if he moved out of the way earlier? She could still be safe.

Ethan still hadn't gotten to know her, but there was something that reminded him of another old friend. Smart, witty, and nonchalant. She'll be fine, right? If she's anything like him, she'll make it.

Luther hadn't left her side. He forced himself into the second van, so he could be near his niece. He promised her that he would take care of her. Luther doesn't break promises.

FIRST PERSON: CAMERON STICKELL.

I can't see anything.

I can taste the metallic blood in my mouth.

I feel the vibrations of people speaking on the metal table.

Metal table? Why am I laying on a metal table?

Why can't I move?

There's so many questions that I can't answer. It frustrates me. Just move.

I feel my hand enveloped in a bigger hand. It's cold. Luther?

I try to speak, but I can't.

Everything hurts. But I can't give up.

I can't leave Luther. I can't leave Benji.

Maybe I can move. I'm trying to move my fingers and toes. I can feel my fingers move slightly, but it's taking every ounce of strength that I have. I need to save my energy.

I wish I could hear.

I wish I could see.

I wish I could move.

I wish I'd never accepted this... job. It's not even a job, though, is it? Honestly, it's more of a hobby of sorts at this point.

What is normal?

I'm delusional. I'm losing myself. I need to ground myself.

I'm staying for them.

I'm staying for Skyler. I promised I would fight for her.

I don't break my promises.

(A/N:

Oh boy. It's another short chapter!!! Will she survive? Who knowsssss)