Ten.

Luther had to leave Cameron's side to finish the job.

He was angry. Angry that someone would do this to a girl who didn't do anything wrong.

She's innocent. Why would someone do this to someone like her?

"Luther."

The man looked up from his niece, who was laying on a hospital bed.

They weren't in a hospital (for safety reasons). The bed was in a basement of the safe house.

"She'll be okay. If she's anything like you, she will be." Ethan told his friend.

Luther wiped the tears off his face. "She doesn't deserve this, Ethan."

The shorter man nodded in agreement. "It's time, Luther."

Standing up, Luther kissed Cameron's hand once more, as a sign that he would be back.

"She's a fighter."

———

THIRD PERSON: CAMERON STICKELL.

Cameron wakes up to a bright light. No, not a light. It's almost like she's Icarus, but she somehow survived the sun's temperature.

It's all... white. It's off-putting.

Something's wrong.

"Hey, Cami."

Cameron looks behind her, not believing what she's heard. "Skye? Is that you?"

The short, dark-skinned woman smiles. "It is. I missed you so much, Cami."

The brunette runs towards the shorter woman, going in for a hug. Their hug lasts for what seems like forever. "I knew I'd see you again."

"It's not your time, my love."

Cameron freezes, not knowing what to say. "What?"

Cupping the taller woman's face, Skyler replies, "You can't stay. They need you."

The green-eyed woman tears up. "I can't leave you here. You'll be lonely. I missed you so much."

"I know, I missed you too. I wish you could stay, too. I'm sorry for leaving you."

Tears were streaming down both of their faces by this point. 

"I want to stay."

"You can't. It's not your time. Luther and Benji need you."

There was a short pause. Cameron was pondering her options. Stay with her loved ones, or go home?

"I love you. Always," Cameron says, pulling out her pinky finger, "and forever."

Interlocking her pinky with Cameron, Skyler smiles in response. It was their way of saying "I love you".

"I love you most."

"Dang it, you win."

———

FIRST PERSON: CAMERON STICKELL.

I woke up suddenly, gasping for air. It felt like I was drowning.

I'm in a hospital. Shit.

Wait a minute. It's not a hospital. It's too high-tech for a hospital, at least an American one.

Where is everyone? "Luther? Benji? Is anyone here?"

I look around the room for any kind of technology for me to use. Even a Walkman would work.

My eyes flicker towards a laptop, which is laying on a chair in the corner of the room. How the hell am I supposed to get there? I'm covered in wires.

"Screw it," I thought to myself, while getting out of the "hospital" bed.

I limped over to the chair, grabbed the laptop, then sat in the chair. I opened the laptop to find that it's unlocked.

Whoever was using this last wanted me to open this.

I started to search for Luther, and after a small amount of hacking, I found him.

Athens?!

He didn't even ask me if I could come with him!! Rude.

After putting my hair behind my ears, I realized that I didn't have my hearing aids in.

Here's the bad news: I'm mostly deaf.

Here's the good news: "Mostly" is a key word.

More bad news: Where the hell are my hearing aids?

'Oh, well,' I thought to myself, before hacking into Luther's feed. Then, I decided to put on auto-closed captions so I could 'hear' them.

"Ethan, the package is still on the boat." I see someone say to the others.

Another person is speaking, most likely Ethan. I know this because they're different colors. "I'm aware."

While the old men were bickering, I typed on the laptop. I hacked Luther's computer so that I could write on the right-hand side of the screen.

'What did I miss?'

The men stop talking. "Luther?" I see someone ask.

"Cameron, what the hell are you doing?" I'm assuming that this is my uncle asking.

'I found a laptop on the chair. What's happening? How can i help?" I typed in.

Luther guffaws, "You're not doing shit, Cameron. You need to rest."

Smirking, I replied with: 'I've rested enough while I was unconscious. You're aware that I can't sleep, right?'

I knew that I won the argument because I was met with silence. After a defeated sigh from Luther and Benji, I see another person speak. "We're trying to find a way for Ethan to get into the boat. If you're willing to help."

'Of course I'll help. Luther, where are my hearing aids?'

"In a small yellow box, next to your bed."

It was easy to find. I noticed the box earlier, but I didn't think it was for me.

As I was putting in my hearing aids, I heard the men arguing about how Ethan was going to get on the boat.

"Ethan, there's no possible way for you to run and jump onto the boat. You'd have to run at 23 miles an hour, minimum, then jump across a 12-meter cliff, practically! In the off-chance that you actually make it across, there's probably hundreds of people holding weapons!!" I hear Benji say.

Ethan, sounding out of breath and annoyed, replied with, "I think I'm aware of the current circumstances , Benji. I've dealt with worse. Keep an eye on me."

"Always got your back, Ethan." My uncle says.

"I met you six hours ago, but I got your back too. My uncles clearly trust you with their lives."

"I would hope so, Cameron," Ethan says, still running. "You seem great."