The Start of Something New

Today was a happy day.

I stare in awe at the flickering neon sign that reads Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. My best friend, Gabriel, was hosting his 9th birthday party here. No surprise-- he would always flaunt how much money he had and how much Fazbear merchandise he accumulated. I was always filled with envy every time he would strut into class with a new toy or watch or t-shirt, but another unidentified force always drew me to him.

I could hear the sound of balloons squeaking in the hands of children and the cacophony of laughter and cries resonating from the party room. I was itching to get inside and join the fun, but something about the party just had my stomach twisting in knots.

Finally, my mom pushes me through the doors, "Go inside, Jeremy! Have fun with your friends!"

The neon light painted her car until she blew me a kiss and drove off. My senses lit up like a circuit board as I absorbed the aromas of pizza and ice cream, and spun around to see the multitude of colors and animatronics. Before I even said hi to Gabriel, I had to get my hands on some food. I had just gotten the chance to try ice cream cake when I noticed a new palette of colors and a new face peering at me from the outside window.

"Balloons!" I thought to myself as I left the party room to find the golden bunny. This mascot was peculiar though, with fluid movements and a graceful walk that separated it from the clunky movements of the other animatronics. 

The sounds of laughter faded as I stepped further from the party room and closer to my curiosities. Following the rabbit further, the checkerboard tiles became more haphazard until I found myself in a part of the pizzeria I had never seen.  There was a water heater, strange pulleys, and rust-red pipes surveying the room's lining. 

The door closed behind me abruptly, and I turned to see my golden friend holding balloons. Today was my happy day.