Gabriel

I was taken aback by the words just spoken to me. Did Jeremy just say that he loved me?

I never really thought about loving, let alone liking, people. People always just disappoint me. No one understands me, even more so now that I'm dead in a Freddy suit.

"You doin' good over there?" I heard a southern drawl coming from across the room.

"Who said that?" I hollered into the void.

"The name's Fritz. What about yourself?"

I was hesitant giving my name to strangers, but who cares now. I've already died, so what's the worst that could happen? "Gabriel."

For a second, I really thought it could get worse as I watched Foxy run out of the darkness at full speed, with both arms up in the air. Bracing for impact, I furled my arms only for him to come to an immediate stop before we both collided.

"Nice to meet ya!" He brought out his hook, which I assumed was signal for a handshake. I awkwardly high-fived him back.

Suddenly, we heard banging in the distance. Jeremy and Susie come sulking back.

"He closed the door on our faces again!" Susie sulked, returning to her post in defeat. Jeremy hung his head. I could tell he was upset.

Fritz leaned in close. I tensed, expecting him to yell in my face again or something, but he whispered, "If I were, I'd make sure he's ok." I knew what he was insinuating.

Then, he backed away and yelled, "Come on Susie! Ready for round 2?"

"You bet!" The foxy suit raced for the door with Susie slowly creeping behind.

Leaving just me and Jeremy.